Bloodrock, anyone?

whatwhatwhatwhat 89 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
A co-worker has offered to seel me some of his old records, all common stuff like Sabbath, Zepplin, ELP, etc.One name that stands out is this band called "Bloodrock". They seem to get compared to bands like Deep Purple and Sabbath....could be interesting because I'm into those bands.Any reccomendations on albums of theirs that are particularly good?Value of the record is not important, I'm just curious if it's worth checking out.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    you can find bloodrock albums in any thrift, so dont pay more than a buck for them.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Bloodrock?

Going by the few singles (yes, 45's) that I have, they weren't amazing, but they weren't bad, either, if you're into Nixon-era stoner rock.

Their big Top 40 hit was "D.O.A.," where some guy lies bleeding, next to his girlfriend, narrating their deaths. Whatever album has this on it, you might wanna get that one first.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Bloodrock?

Going by the few singles (yes, 45's) that I have, they weren't amazing, but they weren't bad, either, if you're into Nixon-era stoner rock.

Their big Top 40 hit was "D.O.A.," where some guy lies bleeding, next to his girlfriend, narrating their deaths. Whatever album has this on it, you might wanna get that one first.

I believe that's 'Bloodrock 2', kind of a maroonish,reddish photo cover with dripping blood.

'D.O.A.' is that song that scared you half to death when you heard it on the radio when you were a kid, probably the creepiest hit ever.

• whatwhatwhatwhat 89 Posts
    Sounds worth checking out...Thanks for the info!

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Sounds worth checking out...Thanks for the info!

I remember liking this one:

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    BRAEKZ

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    BRAEKZ

HOO CAREZ

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    BRAEKZ

HOO CAREZ

File this under : lame ass bands with killer drummers.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    BRAEKZ

HOO CAREZ

People who sample records

As a huge fan of early 70s heavy rock I'll tell you right now they're the only folk who should bother with this band.....