MUSHROOMS

captainplanetcaptainplanet 626 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
yesterday was

Comments

• did them a lot one summer in high school, haven't done them for a couple years, won't do them again.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Jimmy Changa says: The best thing to do when faced with the type of situation you were in is to take your friend to a dim, quiet room to relax. Then if you???re wearing long sleeves, pull one arm inside your shirt, sweater, coat, or whatever it is you???re wearing and put your other hand inside the now empty sleeve, creating a sort of ???loop??? that gives the illusion of both arms still being in the sleeve. Next, tell your friend in a worried voice that now you aren???t feeling so hot either, and maybe those were alien bodies you ate. Then yell, ???OH MY GOD!!! IT???S TRYING TO GET BACK OUT,??? while furiously pumping your sleeves up and down with the hand inside your shirt moving up and down directly opposite the sleeves. This will create the illusion of an independant being trying to escape from your chest cavity. I tried it once on a friend who had taken a lot of LSD and it really, really freaked him out. Good times.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Jimmy Changa says: The best thing to do when faced with the type of situation you were in is to take your friend to a dim, quiet room to relax. Then if you???re wearing long sleeves, pull one arm inside your shirt, sweater, coat, or whatever it is you???re wearing and put your other hand inside the now empty sleeve, creating a sort of ???loop??? that gives the illusion of both arms still being in the sleeve. Next, tell your friend in a worried voice that now you aren???t feeling so hot either, and maybe those were alien bodies you ate. Then yell, ???OH MY GOD!!! IT???S TRYING TO GET BACK OUT,??? while furiously pumping your sleeves up and down with the hand inside your shirt moving up and down directly opposite the sleeves. This will create the illusion of an independant being trying to escape from your chest cavity. I tried it once on a friend who had taken a lot of LSD and it really, really freaked him out. Good times.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    We used to have a friend who we would pretend to grab handfulls of and chew on when she was really ripped, worked every time.

STOP EATING ME!!!

• did them a lot one summer in high school, haven't done them for a couple years, won't do them again.

no doubt. I'm not advocating this behaviour on a regular basis, and prolly for some folks it would never be a good idea. I hadn't really bugged out since high school myself (and yeah, that's the age when making people piss their pants seems like a very entertaining idea), but yesterday was deep. such a beautiful day, surrounded by friends... some wild experiences.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    did them a lot one summer in high school, haven't done them for a couple years, won't do them again.

no doubt. I'm not advocating this behaviour on a regular basis, and prolly for some folks it would never be a good idea. I hadn't really bugged out since high school myself (and yeah, that's the age when making people piss their pants seems like a very entertaining idea), but yesterday was deep. such a beautiful day, surrounded by friends... some wild experiences.

I've heard it can be great. I made a post about this years ago, but basically, don't eat an 8th by yourself the first time you do it.

Especially here.

• Mushrooms are Jazz.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I can mess w/ some 'Schrooms. But not in NYC, take me to the mountains/country.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Love them! In the city, in the country, day-time, night-time. In tea, on toast with PB&J, straight up raw and on pizza. I have them once every couple of years or so - any more than that for me and the fun and excitement wouldn't be as fun and exciting!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    on toast with PB&J

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    you took an 8th of mushrooms by yourself at the Sa*t*n S*a?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Hahaha, I never heard it called that, but that's the Nude Bowl. I'm not sure if it's there anymore, but a lot of big dudes used to come out and skate there

It's in the middle of nowhere.

One night we threw a party complete with tables, booze, etc. I had a couple drinks and some guy asked me if I wanted to buy some mushrooms. I'd taken them before and they had no effect so I said sure. Then I ate the whole bag in one sitting.

NAGL

Next thing I remember I was laying the dirt tripping the fuck out with my shirt off.
    My friend saw me and carried me to the van and left me there in the dark where I tripped out on a conversation some girls were having in another car. When it was time to go I thought he was driving us to hell. The inside of van was completely red and I remember asking him why we were going UP instead of back down the mountain.
    Yay.

I tried it a couple more times after that but never had a good trip.

That shit just isn't for me.

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    Back here next to the Pacific Ocean today, but a couple of days ago I was passsing through your area rockin' that Viva Gozadera mix. Good shit, now I understand the inspiration!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

Hahaha, I never heard it called that, but that's the Nude Bowl. I'm not sure if it's there anymore, but a lot of big dudes used to come out and skate there

It's in the middle of nowhere.

One night we threw a party complete with tables, booze, etc. I had a couple drinks and some guy asked me if I wanted to buy some mushrooms. I'd taken them before and they had no effect so I said sure. Then I ate the whole bag in one sitting.

NAGL

Next thing I remember I was laying the dirt tripping the fuck out with my shirt off.
    My friend saw me and carried me to the van and left me there in the dark where I tripped out on a conversation some girls were having in another car. When it was time to go I thought he was driving us to hell. The inside of van was completely red and I remember asking him why we were going UP instead of back down the mountain.
    Yay.

I tried it a couple more times after that but never had a good trip.

That shit just isn't for me.
    ahh
    i misjudged that picture. i thought it was the salton sea before they filled the pools. i took a trip out there in december and its still really amazing. looks alot like the first picture you posted.

that pool looks like a good time though.
    is it still around? ?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Ween the pod + mushrooms =

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

wow.

highly recommended reading:

me and my homie ate mushrooms my first time down south, traveling down the natchez trace scenic highway in mississippi. we got to the indian mound and i had visions of a soldier on horseback in the clouds that was telling me that there was still a lot left to fight for and that i was needed in battle. then it started raining over my head. wasnt sure what it meant then, but it makes more sense now.

we got out of there and called ayers' pop in natchez, but decided to drive on to new orleans through a lightning storm.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    they are all over around here during the season fresh for the picking, but I like to trip on acid much better. the way shrooms makes you groggy-ish kind of like you're drunk -- i like the clear-headed trip of lsd better, but shrooms are good since they are free if you pick them and much easier to find than acid (yeah, the diamond d question was bullshit - i know what acid is)

even though i like acid better, i've tripped way harder before on mushrooms. after going picking and having over a pound of fresh mushrooms, the whole lot went into a pot of boiling water to make tea. 2 hours of steeping and a reduction to a very small bottle's worth of liquid, from over a pound of shrooms. I chugged a plastic party cup full of the shit (about half of the total yield) with gatorade powder mixed in to cut the taste, and jesus christ did i trip balls.

anyone ever made blue honey? (psilocibin infused honey)