What to play?

SyminSymin 999 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Im bout to DJ a VIP art show after party gig tonight. I just realized im not really sure what is appropriate to play here. Schmooze music? bump and grind? strip hop? glitch hop? Im on at midnight, so im thinking its a dance-ish thang.anybody got suggestions?

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    imma just rock some ray parker raer

• how old is the crowd

what kinda art (provocative, or soothing?)

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    interactive performance art.
    its at a college, but i think its for performers(college students) and bougie patrons with $$

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Becky sheik.

• interactive performance art.
    its at a college, but i think its for performers(college students) and bougie patrons with $$

say no more

break out the Yoko Ono

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    it turned into a freak dance party and good ol ray parker came through in the clutch.
    Djing from 12-3 is soooo much longer than 8-12
    I rocked 3.5 hours with one crate and they wouldnt let me leave. i was like ok one more song? and the guy running it came to me like there is no way you can do just one more. i was like i dont have much more good music left. he said are you crazy? these people will dance to anything. His point was proven when they went ape shit for wake me up before you go go on the next song.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    His point was proven when they went ape shit for wake me up before you go go on the next song.

Dont u luv it when its that easy?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Pauline Oliveros
    Ilhan Mimaroglu
    Harry Partch
    Willa Ford

EDIT: Oh wait, this gig was last night? Oh well.