OTIS FUNKMEYER RECORD RELEASE PARTY 4/27

Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
edited April 2007 in Announcements
The Otis Funkmeyer Band is very exited to announce the release of our first single, "Why Are You Refusing My Love" b/w "You Hit The Spot Baby" on All City Recordings!"Why Are You Refusing My Love" is an anthem of bitter heartbreak that everyone can relate to, and dance to!The B side, "You Hit The Spot baby," is a funk burner dedicated to a lover that comes along and blows your mind, a cover of the lost classic by Gloria Walker and the Chevelles.We'll be celebrating on Friday April 27th at Fontana's on the Lower East Side with a set jam-packed with forgotten funk gems and original favorites, and then we move the party upstairs to get down with the Otis DJs.For those who don't own a turntable or prefer to listen to music on an mp3 player, this limited press 7" vinyl single will come with a free cd of the same tracks when you purchase it at our show.Friday April 27th at Fontana's8-9pm The Otis Funkmeyer Band Feat. Leslie Rochelle (downstairs)9:30-10:30 Party continues upstairs with the Otis DJs105 Eldridge St. between Broome and Grand in the Lower East Sidewww.fontanasnyc.com (for directions)www.myspace.com/otisfunkmeyerwww.allcityrecordings.com$7 coverMuch thanks to Drez (FirmeRola) and the All City Crew for making this happen!Otis Funkmeyer is:Leslie Rochelle - VocalsPaul Falcone - DrumsSteve Hoffman - GuitarMike Kobrin - TrumpetMarc LaGana - BassTony Morrone - PercussionTony Salva - SaxophonesAdam Shlahet - TrumpetJuan Carlos Stolberg - Keys

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Congrats you guys! See you on Friday!

• Thanks GV!

The record won't be in stores or available online for at least a month, so this show is the only place to pick it up. Be the first to own the Otis debut!

We're so juiced, we even have outfits for this one!!!

• CONGRATS

Can't wait to pick this up!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Congrats!!!

• The records arrived yesterday, they look and sound great!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Congrats!

Get at me if you wanna sell some 45s through the strut store.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Congratz folls.

• See video posted in Crate Digging Revealed.
    The show was a success! And we sold more than half of our stock! Woo hoo!