The Unreleased Webster Lewis Tracks

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Did I miss the post on this fantastic reissue/release? I just got a copy of the 2LP of unreleased tapes and it sounds fantastic. Lars did a brilliant job with this project. I'm going to have get the CD as well. Nicely done!Folks shouldn't sleep.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

link plaese

or at least the title

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    It is a nice collection, but folks should know that the unreleased tracks are more in the jazz mode... which takes nothing away from the music, of course.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    www.myspace.com/jazzaggression

Is it that much better than the original lp? $30 for a reissue is quite expensive

• I had never actually heard the original LP before picking this
    up, and didn't know what to expect really. I think I have to listen again cause I only thought the D side was in a jazz mode (had hoped for more tracks like For Arne...). But it's a really nice package overall

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Woah, had no idea this had been rereleased with additional tracks. Will have to pick this up as a matter of priority.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    www.myspace.com/jazzaggression

Is it that much better than the original lp? $30 for a reissue is quite expensive

as opposed to $450 for an original?

I think I want to buy this. The bonus stuff is only on the cd right?

• Disc 1 presents for the first time the whole original double LP Live at Club 7. Disc 2 contains only unreleased music from the Club 7 sessions with alternative versions of Do you believe, It`s your thing and 5 new compositions, including the killer groover Up on the roof. The 2 LP release contains the unreleased material from disc 2.

http://www.plasticstrip.no/Releases.html

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I really enjoyed the LP, jazz heavy or not. I'll play it on my show next week if anyone is curious.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Folks shouldn't sleep.

It is good indeed. So good I had to order the CD as well as the LP, just to get the "old" tracks too.

Prices seem to vary greatly, though. I got it for $20 @ Dustygroove, which is way cheaper than buying it from euro sites that are closer to my location like recordmania.se, even if those pesky customs fuckers tax me with an added 25% in the airport. Exporting an item to the US only to import it back to Europe seems silly, but hey???

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Lewise's playing reminds me a lot of Doug Carn's work. You can't miss out on shit like this. The only sad thing about this is that it was supposed to be 4lp. They had to settle for 2.