HELP !! (Sampler EMU e6400 related)

KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I am really mad right now!!After a long time I finally revived my old e6400 sampler with EOS version 3.0b installed. Everything worked fine!Then I got the glorious idea to check the internet today for some software update and found a couple.After the first try my flash rom was deleted and nothings works any longer.With every new try I end up with the message "error reading sector 0"I first thought it were the disks but they aren??t as I have tried about 20.It ??s really NO matter of the EOS version i try to install even 3.0b or 2.8 does not work anylonger :-((The only exception is an original disk from EMU with EOS 2.51A which works.Can anyone help me ?????Frustrated Seb

Comments

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    You shoulda made a copy of the original OS before you did the update. I don't know the machine that well but you might want to try to open it up and see if there is a battery that retains charge inside the system. Sometimes if you take it out it might reset the whole system. But I'm very doubtful that your system has something like that, nor would I risk opening it up.

Sooks seems pretty good with electronics...he might know...
    (P.S. Sooks check your PM's)

So...go beg on this site and see if anyone has the OS you need...
    http://www.emusonacid.co.uk/

These guys might have it in particular.
    http://www.emusonacid.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214&sid=458b80abd76d624135beabc27c4c6fc8

• Hello and thanks for your answer!

In fact I registered with emusonacid today and already posted there

but as I couldn??t get any help/relaxation I tried soulstrut.

Of course I should have made a backup :-(

After reading the second link I ??m pretty sure my problems have something to do with the formatting of the disk. I am running win 2000 and maybe have to use a dos-formatted one!

As far as I remember I had 2 megs of flash ram installed

when I checked - so I should be able to use a version > 3.0b

Do you run an e6400 yourself ? If so what EOS do you run ?

TATATATA :

It works now! It??s really needed to format the disks first (on win2000 I did a "format /fs:FAT")

Thanks thanks thanks

Seb

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Good to hear that it works.

I personally have an MPC 2000XL. I guess I know a little about electronics so I just try to help out when I can.

Send me some beats so I got some new music to listen to!