"Where my Killah tape at??" appreciation

HollywoodColeHollywoodCole 184 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central

ganKsta

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Always thought that quote was referring to "Master Killer" rather than "The Killer".

• Always thought that quote was referring to "Master Killer" rather than "The Killer".

I think you are right.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Always thought that quote was referring to "Master Killer" rather than "The Killer".

I think you are right.

please refer to Wu-Tang Manual page 465 for further explanation.

either way, the KILLER was a dope movie... i even liked the english dubs thay had.

'i sing for him but he isnt here?'

-rich

p.s
    where my purple tape at?

• p.s
    where my purple tape at?

[color:purple] Wiggaz came over with 40s and blunts... [/color]

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

ganKsta

This movie bored the hell out of me... I 'll have to watch it again... I just love the Monks and the training scenes and stuff like that, I dont like guns in Kung Fu flicks...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

ganKsta

All this time I thought it was just some homemade mixtape of joints that Rae made for himself and one of them dudes snagged it.

• This movie bored the hell out of me... I 'll have to watch it again... I just love the Monks and the training scenes and stuff like that, I dont like guns in Kung Fu flicks...

Asian movie does not automatically = kung fu flick

and i'm pretty sure they were talkin about the movie in that skit, especially since there's soundclips from it on rae's solo in "wu-gambinos"... could be wrong tho

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    *paging Paul Nice*

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    RZA in that recent XXL article:

"Being that Rae and Ghost was two opposite guys as far as neighborhoods was concerned, I used John Woo's The Killer. (In that movie) you got Chow Yun Fat (playing the role of Ah Jong) and Danny Lee (Inspector Lee). They have to become partners to work shit out. Mostly everything (of the spoken interludes) is from The Killer on that album, that or personal talking. I met John Woo that same year. He sent me a letter. He was honored that we did it. I felt confident we could settle anything that came up. You can usually settle that shit. It's part of the budget, man. But John Woo didn't want nothing, never no money for that. We actually became friends. He took me and Ghost to lunch and dinner many times. He gave me a lot of mentoring in film."

• legendlegend 124 Posts

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    This movie was Pre-Tarantino. The action, dialog, and play between characters was great. Also check Hard Boiled and A Better Tomorrow.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

true but "THe Killer" = wack movie

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

dude, vintage john woo... doves flying and double guns and shit.

perhaps hard boiled would better suit you?

-rich

• Asian movie does not automatically = kung fu flick

it can be terribly corny in some parts (especially with that blind chick... and the doves... and woo's ever favorite guns-at-each-other's-heads-but-oh-shit-we're-out-of-ammo), but thats what makes movies like it so good... then again i loved king of new york, the french connection, most of the death wish movies, and the first half of the dirty harry series... that gritty shit is