ABLETON HELP!! (nrr)

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Okay, I am stressed as hell right now.I've been working on a new project with Ableton 6.0.1 (PC) and been working straight through the weekend until just about a couple hours ago when something went really wrong in my Live project and a screen message came up saying that there was serious error occurring and that Ableton was going to close out. I quickly saved, and rebooted, but when I re-launched ableton and then loaded up the project, but beofre it could complete, it gave a quick error screen and then just closed out of the program and has done this every time now. sheeeeit!I guess the project file became corrupted some how, but now I cant even go into the project and troublshoot whats going on. Man, there's so much stuff that I would lose if this goes bad, so I'm straight strugling here and extending a plea for help... Has anyone experienced this kind of problem with Live? if so, do you have any possible suggestions that I can try to get this project back up. like has anyone heard of recovery options in Live or anything of the sort?your help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advanced. kg.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Okay, I am stressed as hell right now.

I've been working on a new project with Ableton 6.0.1 (PC) and been working straight through the weekend until just about a couple hours ago when something went really wrong in my Live project and a screen message came up saying that there was serious error occurring and that Ableton was going to close out.

I quickly saved, and rebooted, but when I re-launched ableton and then loaded up the project, but beofre it could complete, it gave a quick error screen and then just closed out of the program and has done this every time now. sheeeeit!

I guess the project file became corrupted some how, but now I cant even go into the project and troublshoot whats going on. Man, there's so much stuff that I would lose if this goes bad, so I'm straight strugling here and extending a plea for help...

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem with Live? if so, do you have any possible suggestions that I can try to get this project back up. like has anyone heard of recovery options in Live or anything of the sort?

your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks in advanced.

kg.

I've had this happen to me. Re-name the project and try to isolate the corrupted file in there. I'm not quite sure why this happens, but when I re-named it and opened it again it worked.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    thanks man. yeah i tried renaming the file and it does the same thing.

now my plugins aren't working either.

this has completely ruined my day.

not giving up tho

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    is your copy cracked?

na it's a legit upgrade from 4... why?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    just saying.. i had a cracked copy and had the same problem. i just assumed it was the "cracked" ness.

i hear you.

yeah this kind of thing has happened in 4 too where the whole thing goes bonkers if there's a internal problem somehwere in the config, and shit is ridiculously difficult to isolate and fix.

man, right when i was starting to dig on Live, this happens.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    thanks man. yeah i tried renaming the file and it does the same thing.

Did you just rename the file you think is corrupt, or the whole project itself?

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    this might be a dumb suggestion if u already know but sometimes daw's keep backup files of your project. For example protools keep like 20 backups so u can go back if u messed up your project or it crashed ect.

I dunno if live has this though but worth looking into.

i renamed the whole project file, but i also tried to isolate certain files that might have been corrupted, but still to no avail.

this might be a dumb suggestion if u already know but sometimes daw's keep backup files of your project. For example protools keep like 20 backups so u can go back if u messed up your project or it crashed ect.

I dunno if live has this though but worth looking into.

not skilled enough with Live but i checked around for backup files in the program files and couldn't find anything of interest.

HOLY SHIT! i just found a work around and everything is intact!!

For anyone who's interested on the fix. All i did was open up live and scroll to the project file from the browser and luckily it allows you to look inside the project without opening the actual project file. Once I did that I dragged and dropped all the midi files that were in the project with all the settings in place.

just saved myself close to 48 hours of some serious elbow grease.

live is off the the shit list!!

thanks for all the suggestions by the way fellas.

ez.