Glow-In-The-Dark???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
How long does the magic last for? Just wondering.Doesnt the effect fade away after a while?

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    wow

best thread this decade

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Since it's emitting light, it would have to fade eventually without a resupply of the reactive chemicals. I think I remember those glow sticks lasting about a half-hour or so?

Halloween as a kid related, not twirling-whilst-liquid-dancing-to-trance related.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I have a pair of GITD Nike Dunks and im concerned that the glow wont happen after 6 or so months.
    Same concern w/ mu Kraftwerk - Computer World LP.

Should i put the kicks in the closet for a minute and then break em out or just wear em in my regular rotation and deal w/ the fading?

If i brought gitd paint would the same rules apply?

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    for some reason 'thats why yo moms got glow in the dark teeth' is funny.

probably isn't, but it kinda is.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I have a pair of GITD Nike Dunks and im concerned that the glow wont happen after 6 or so months.

Should i put the kicks in the closet for a minute and then break em out or just wear em in my regular rotation and deal w/ the fading?

Ah. No, that's a different scene entirely. In that case, it's not a chemical reaction that emits light, but a chemical that stores energy and then emits it, so as long as you have access to light, they should work. Well, and as long as the chemical is unadulterated. If your paint begins to wear off, or if friction or another element were introduced, it could degrade the chemical.

for some reason 'thats why yo moms got glow in the dark teeth' is funny.

probably isn't, but it kinda is.

Not by itself, but in a heated Snappin' battle said at the right moment maybe.

Ah. No, that's a different scene entirely. In that case, it's not a chemical reaction that emits light, but a chemical that stores energy and then emits it, so as long as you have access to light, they should work. Well, and as long as the chemical is unadulterated. If your paint begins to wear off, or if friction or another element were introduced, it could degrade the chemical.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    my company, SAMO, makes glow in the dark vinyl.
    Now if I can just get someone to order it...

radioactive and awesome.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    All I know is that those GITD dunks glow so well they actually glow in the light. My friend bought a pair, brought 'em over, put 'em by the light for about 20 seconds and in a well lit room, they were glowing bright green . Pretty fresh.

All I know is that those GITD dunks glow so well they actually glow in the light. My friend bought a pair, brought 'em over, put 'em by the light for about 20 seconds and in a well lit room, they were glowing bright green . Pretty fresh.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i think i'm about to buy my first pair of nikes. i feel kinda stupid, but i like these

• i think i'm about to buy my first pair of nikes. i feel kinda stupid, but i like these

Those will look like crap when toe creases set in on the pattern.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Ehh. It's not a pattern really, I believe it's actual woven strips of leather. It will probably hold up better than most toe boxes on other shoes. Besides, if you take care of your shit, you won't have those kind of problems with your shoes. Re-stuff the toes when you're not wearing them. Clean them regularly. Don't wear them every single day. Etc......

Edith, go for yours. Don't feel stupid. Just Do It! Haha.

i think i'm about to buy my first pair of nikes. i feel kinda stupid, but i like these

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    oooh good point