beginning of the week rackords

2»

Comments

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    only a few-

"Here's Lee Morgan" on VJ: yes!! Not quite Candy i guess, but super solid quintet date with Blakey, PC, Cliff Jordan. Has this Wayne Shorter tune "Running Brook", which amazes me that even at this early date (1960?) Wayne had a serious book.

on some trades with Buscrates:
    Ethiopian Knights / D. Byrd
    Before the Dawn / Patrice Rushen

in the mail:

Come to my Garden / Minnie Riperton (Janus press-- trade copy)
    Amor, o Sorriso, e a Flor / Joao Gilberto

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    dudes, i actually got records this weekend. i havent "dug" for records in about 8 months due to financial strain. but i just came up on about 300 late 50's to early 70s 45s, a few bay rap 12"s, and a mufukin "all cried out" lisa lisa and the cult jam 45. i am now happy.

here's what i can remember out the bunch

jonny otis
    the spacers
    cannibal & the headhunters
    dr. ll love
    the orioles
    the dubs
    baby washington

there's more, i just cant remember right now...

some nice digs shig

my man *** just popped in w/ a going away gift for me...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dudes, i actually got records this weekend. i havent "dug" for records in about 8 months due to financial strain. but i just came up on about 300 late 50's to early 70s 45s, a few bay rap 12"s, and a mufukin "all cried out" lisa lisa and the cult jam 45. i am now happy.

jonny otis
    the spacers
    dr. ll love
    the orioles
    the dubs
    baby washington

some nice digs shig

he he. didnt want to mention where they came from and ruin that otherwise steady flow of respectable crackheads that show up on your doorstep.

jonny otis
    the spacers
    dr. ll love
    the orioles
    the dubs
    baby washington

some nice digs shig

he he. didnt want to mention where they came from and ruin that otherwise steady flow of respectable crackheads that show up on your doorstep.

lol! word up i heard that...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    This is what I got at Goodwill yesterday morning:

CRAWLER-s/t
    PETER NERO-...Plays A Tribute To Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
    MERI WILSON-First Take

Not even three minutes after driving away from Goodwill, some dumb ass runs a red light and hits me as I'm crossing the intersection.

Not even three minutes after driving away from Goodwill, some dumb ass runs a red light and hits me as I'm crossing the intersection.

as it may be, I'm doing alright, although my car is totalled. I had to pick up the police report this morning t so that my insurance can talk with the guy who hit me. I went to the place that towed the car away, and it also fucked up the front left side "significantly". Where is Mount Vernon, Washington, BTW? That's where the guy lived.

as it may be, I'm doing alright, although my car is totalled. I had to pick up the police report this morning t so that my insurance can talk with the guy who hit me. I went to the place that towed the car away, and it also fucked up the front left side "significantly". Where is Mount Vernon, Washington, BTW? That's where the guy lived.

glad to hear your cool, gl w/ that shit, hope he had insurance!!!

peace

glad to hear your cool, gl w/ that shit, hope he had insurance!!!

peace

Yes he did, and there was a witness there as well. He was waiting on the other side on a red light, and was the first person I spoken with once the car stopped.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

45-Sweet and Innocence feat. Memphis Mustangs---Express Your Love

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

tee hee

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Nice package waiting for me in the mailbox today, all decent BINs from the same dealer on The Bay:

Not too many I people I know are all that into the Wallace Brothers (the Atlanta soul group, not the funk holy grail group on Walbro), but personally for me, this gets it down to only 1 left and I will have all their 45's on Sims & Jewel, an aim I have been lazily pursuing for 3 years. These guys are amazing, I wish I had an MP3 for y'all.

Edit: I feel cheesy jacking soundclips from Amazon, but here's clips of my favorite Wallce Bros. tune, and of the one I got today - there's a first page from realaudio where you have to click again, the only way to link to an Amazon file:

I'll Let Nothing Separate Me

No More

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Theres a wicked drum break on that Black Affairs LP. Otherwise, its zzzzzz for me.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    between adventures on bicycles while diggin and people dropping off their african/island music collections to you and posting your weekly finds on soulstrut all the time, have you had a chance to make it to the post office to send out any packages? its been a few weeks since we talked about the canadian postal service in your area going on strike and a few weeks before that since i sent you the money to ship to chicago. i know you wrote me that you sent it but it hasnt arrived yet... just checking in with you.

thanks...

• Options
    between adventures on bicycles while diggin and people dropping off their african/island music collections to you and posting your weekly finds on soulstrut all the time, have you had a chance to make it to the post office to send out any packages? its been a few weeks since we talked about the canadian postal service in your area going on strike and a few weeks before that since i sent you the money to ship to chicago. i know you wrote me that you sent it but it hasnt arrived yet... just checking in with you.

thanks...

Ask Dave, Justin, it should be in his hands by now. You forgot about my 30 hours a week boys club volunteering, donating my rare blood type, and taking care of the life's greatest love - my Granmother.

K.

K.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

45-Sweet and Innocence feat. Memphis Mustangs---Express Your Love

that's one beautiful sweet soul 45. spacy vocals. nice stuff.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    two during my break:

Funkadelic- Hardcore Jollies
    The Sugar Cubes- Life is too good ('88 Bjork's early work.)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Banjo Barons - Banjos Back In Town (because I decided I'm gonna learn how to play the banjo, so I will need some banjo rackords)

The Sugar Hill Gang - 8th Wonder LP

James Last - Hair

Chic - Good Times 12" (because every DJ is supposed to own this.)