San Diego happenings....

EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
So my company just relocated me to San Diego. Can someone put me up on....Good Microbreweries, or anyplace with some good shit on tap..Weeklysand of course, record spots...much appreciated...Loving it out here.

Comments

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    Weeklys? The only thing I can think of....
    Landlord Jims tues. With Hippoh, Still life, Myson, xact.
    LiveWire every 2nd Saturday (I think) Still life
    Landlord Jims thurs. Ratstar
    Mixtape sessions @ Honey Bee hive every wed. Mada & Ricky Wrecks

depends on what kind of music you want to hear also so....

I know there's a lot more but I don't go out to often and when I do it's always either Jim's or a concert.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Microbrews: Everyone jocks Stone Brews, and they are ok. I guess they opened up a new brewpub up there, I haven't been yet- They are out of San Marcos. I love all of the Ballast Point brews, they brewery is located near USD, and you can get them both at a number of local spots, or walk into home brew mart (they run a home brew supply store too) and they will fill up a growler for you. To get a good selection of beers, hit up Hamiltons (30th and Cedar) or in the beach area, try the Liar's Club in Mission Beach (Mission Blvd.). If you're out on Coranado, hang a right on Orange and hit up Coronado Brewing Company, all of their norms and seasonals are on tap, and the food is ok. There's also Ale Smith brews, which you can find bottled in a lot of mom and pop stores around, I rarely see their stuff at bars any more. I'm sure there are a few spots I'm missing. If you are ever at the UCSD campus for some reason, they've got a good selection of local stuff at the campus pub, if you can tolerate phish or some hippy horseshit on the stereo.

Record Spots- hit up dstill808, he works at M-Theory, also try Record City. Not too many amazing stores down here. Actually, no! No records in SD. (Record Show this Saturday, check the Announcements board.)

Weekly (actually it's a monthly)- LiveWire on El Cajon Blvd, this Saturday, dstill's monthly. It's a fantastic drunken mess. Also: Tues. at Landlord Jims.