I might get a negative (ebay headache related)

AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I swear sometimes..........this has been an ongoing thing with this dude. I'm just venting.You need to calm down.I am growing extremely impatient waiting for my Dark Skinned Assassin - Unholy 12'' to arrive. Surface mail should not take this long, do you think that it is lost? I think it's possible that it could be lost but your guess is as good as mine. Either way it's not my fault. According to the Post Office, surface mail can take as long as 3 months.From the amount of travelling time the record will be trashed by now. Maybe, maybe not, you are assuming a lot here. A "lost" package isn't always in motion. It could be sitting somewhere and still be lost. Also, you are the one who chose the surface mail option and no insurance. Surface mail is sorted by machine rather than by hand, wear and tear is inevitable.I am almost certain my record is lost and I am very dissapointed and if you dont give me a half good answer why I shouldnt leave you bad feedback, let me know now.I can understand your disappointment however you need to complain to the Post Office not me. The reason I don't deserve a negative feedback is because I didn't do anything wrong. You won the item and I SENT IT. Plain and simple. Please explain to me how it is my fault that the package got lost and why I should claim responsibility? I agree that this situation is unfortunate but I WILL NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT MY FAULT. If you leave me a negative feedback, I will leave you one in return. Dont think im cheating you buddy ive bought 10 times more expensive records than this and I have never fronted to anyone that the record didnt arrive, because it always does. But not this time, please refund my full amount for the record. I don't think you are lying or trying to cheat me I just think you are upset and looking for a place to lay all the blame. But you are acting like I am cheating you or something. Do you really think that I am here to intentionally rip people off? I am a semi-known record dealer with 10+ years experience. I have 800+ positive feedback. There is no reason for me to keep that record. As a dealer that record meant nothing to me outside of the sale, why would I keep it?Now you are threatening me with negative feedback and demanding a refund. You are way out of line. Please explain why I should lose the record and the money for something that is NOT MY FAULT? And please explain what will happen if I refund your money and then the record finally arrives? I suppose you will feel stupid that you demanded a refund and left a negative right? I suppose you will call me to say sorry and pay me?Here's what you need to realize: Sometimes the Post Office messes up, plain and simple. It actually happens all the time. You are lucky if this is your first time. I am only responsible for the item until I take it to the Post Office. After that, it's out of my control. You had the option of better shipping and insurance and you passed on both. Now you are crying because your item has not arrived. You must be kidding me. Lost packages are almost always returned to sender. If the package comes back to me, I will refund your full amount. Otherwise, you need to take your complaints and hostility to the Pot Office. There is nothing more I can do in this matter. Thank you.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Surface mail

Just say no.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Otherwise, you need to take your complaints and hostility to the Pot Office.

Amen. This guy definitely sounds like he could use a smoke to mellow him out...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Dont think im cheating you buddy ive bought 10 times more expensive records than this

Then why was he such a cheap f**k trying to save $4 with Surface instead of Air?

Surface mail

Just say no.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    haha! yeah, only the ultra-cheap & mentally unsound are willing to have their record spend 3 months in a submarine in order to save $4-5. These are not people I want anything to do with in any way.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    bummer

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Surface mail

Just say no.

I havent had time to research it yet but the clerk at the post office told me yesterday they were doing away with surface completely with the new rate changes in May. She said with the new rates its was only a couple dollars difference in surface to Air so they are just not going to offer it unless you are a major corporation that sends a bunch of catalogs and stuff....something to that affect.

I need to go read what the actual changes involve but we have made it a policy since the beginning to not offer surface at all, under no circumstance. People still ask all the time and we just say no.

but I wonder how much the international rates will be going up that they would just get rid of surface all together??? Sounds like it might be a significant increase though, huh?

• I haven't read the full document yet but scanning through it it seems there is going to be an across-the-board increase of 13 percent on international rates. Not a huge increase but certainly noticeable. I would anticipate having to raise my shipping rates by between $1.25 and $1.50 per single LP. This is effective a month from now.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I swear sometimes..........this has been an ongoing thing with this dude. I'm just venting.

You need to calm down.

I am growing extremely impatient waiting for my Dark Skinned Assassin - Unholy 12'' to arrive. Surface mail should not take this long, do you think that it is lost?
    I think it's possible that it could be lost but your guess is as good as mine. Either way it's not my fault. According to the Post Office, surface mail can take as long as 3 months.

From the amount of travelling time the record will be trashed by now.
    Maybe, maybe not, you are assuming a lot here. A "lost" package isn't always in motion. It could be sitting somewhere and still be lost. Also, you are the one who chose the surface mail option and no insurance. Surface mail is sorted by machine rather than by hand, wear and tear is inevitable.

I am almost certain my record is lost and I am very dissapointed and if you dont give me a half good answer why I shouldnt leave you bad feedback, let me know now.
    I can understand your disappointment however you need to complain to the Post Office not me. The reason I don't deserve a negative feedback is because I didn't do anything wrong. You won the item and I SENT IT. Plain and simple. Please explain to me how it is my fault that the package got lost and why I should claim responsibility? I agree that this situation is unfortunate but I WILL NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT MY FAULT. If you leave me a negative feedback, I will leave you one in return.

Dont think im cheating you buddy ive bought 10 times more expensive records than this and I have never fronted to anyone that the record didnt arrive, because it always does. But not this time, please refund my full amount for the record.
    I don't think you are lying or trying to cheat me I just think you are upset and looking for a place to lay all the blame. But you are acting like I am cheating you or something. Do you really think that I am here to intentionally rip people off? I am a semi-known record dealer with 10+ years experience. I have 800+ positive feedback. There is no reason for me to keep that record. As a dealer that record meant nothing to me outside of the sale, why would I keep it?

Now you are threatening me with negative feedback and demanding a refund. You are way out of line. Please explain why I should lose the record and the money for something that is NOT MY FAULT? And please explain what will happen if I refund your money and then the record finally arrives? I suppose you will feel stupid that you demanded a refund and left a negative right? I suppose you will call me to say sorry and pay me?

Here's what you need to realize: Sometimes the Post Office messes up, plain and simple. It actually happens all the time. You are lucky if this is your first time. I am only responsible for the item until I take it to the Post Office. After that, it's out of my control. You had the option of better shipping and insurance and you passed on both. Now you are crying because your item has not arrived. You must be kidding me.

Lost packages are almost always returned to sender. If the package comes back to me, I will refund your full amount. Otherwise, you need to take your complaints and hostility to the Pot Office. There is nothing more I can do in this matter.

Thank you.

AlGarth, while this customer is obviously being unreasonable, I still recommend that in the future you tone down your responses to buyers and keep things as cordial and professional on your end as possible if you are really concerned about defusing complaints and getting good feedback. Responding with counter accusations, speculation about what crazy shit he's gonna pull next, putting shit in ALL CAPS, etc. is only gonna rile the dude up more. It's understandable that you would want to throttle the guy, but you have nothing to lose by taking the high road and keeping the discussion as narrowly focused as possible on 1) sympathizing with his situation, 2) urging more patience, 3) explaining what you CAN do for you him (as limited as that might be), rather that reminding him several times in several ways what you can't do for him. Beyond that, everything else is out of your control, so just say your piece, be polite about it, and don't give him more fuel for his little bitchfest.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I really can't see how you dudes/dudettes can put up with these people.
    God bless your souls.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    I swear sometimes..........this has been an ongoing thing with this dude. I'm just venting.

You need to calm down.

I am growing extremely impatient waiting for my Dark Skinned Assassin - Unholy 12'' to arrive. Surface mail should not take this long, do you think that it is lost?
    I think it's possible that it could be lost but your guess is as good as mine. Either way it's not my fault. According to the Post Office, surface mail can take as long as 3 months.

From the amount of travelling time the record will be trashed by now.
    Maybe, maybe not, you are assuming a lot here. A "lost" package isn't always in motion. It could be sitting somewhere and still be lost. Also, you are the one who chose the surface mail option and no insurance. Surface mail is sorted by machine rather than by hand, wear and tear is inevitable.

I am almost certain my record is lost and I am very dissapointed and if you dont give me a half good answer why I shouldnt leave you bad feedback, let me know now.
    I can understand your disappointment however you need to complain to the Post Office not me. The reason I don't deserve a negative feedback is because I didn't do anything wrong. You won the item and I SENT IT. Plain and simple. Please explain to me how it is my fault that the package got lost and why I should claim responsibility? I agree that this situation is unfortunate but I WILL NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT MY FAULT. If you leave me a negative feedback, I will leave you one in return.

Dont think im cheating you buddy ive bought 10 times more expensive records than this and I have never fronted to anyone that the record didnt arrive, because it always does. But not this time, please refund my full amount for the record.
    I don't think you are lying or trying to cheat me I just think you are upset and looking for a place to lay all the blame. But you are acting like I am cheating you or something. Do you really think that I am here to intentionally rip people off? I am a semi-known record dealer with 10+ years experience. I have 800+ positive feedback. There is no reason for me to keep that record. As a dealer that record meant nothing to me outside of the sale, why would I keep it?

Now you are threatening me with negative feedback and demanding a refund. You are way out of line. Please explain why I should lose the record and the money for something that is NOT MY FAULT? And please explain what will happen if I refund your money and then the record finally arrives? I suppose you will feel stupid that you demanded a refund and left a negative right? I suppose you will call me to say sorry and pay me?

Here's what you need to realize: Sometimes the Post Office messes up, plain and simple. It actually happens all the time. You are lucky if this is your first time. I am only responsible for the item until I take it to the Post Office. After that, it's out of my control. You had the option of better shipping and insurance and you passed on both. Now you are crying because your item has not arrived. You must be kidding me.

Lost packages are almost always returned to sender. If the package comes back to me, I will refund your full amount. Otherwise, you need to take your complaints and hostility to the Pot Office. There is nothing more I can do in this matter.

Thank you.

AlGarth, while this customer is obviously being unreasonable, I still recommend that in the future you tone down your responses to buyers and keep things as cordial and professional on your end as possible if you are really concerned about defusing complaints and getting good feedback. Responding with counter accusations, speculation about what crazy shit he's gonna pull next, putting shit in ALL CAPS, etc. is only gonna rile the dude up more. It's understandable that you would want to throttle the guy, but you have nothing to lose by taking the high road and keeping the discussion as narrowly focused as possible on 1) sympathizing with his situation, 2) urging more patience, 3) explaining what you CAN do for you him (as limited as that might be), rather that reminding him several times in several ways what you can't do for him. Beyond that, everything else is out of your control, so just say your piece, be polite about it, and don't give him more fuel for his little bitchfest.

Yeah I feel you but like I said this is not the first email from dude. They started off much more cordial believe me.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Surface mail

Just say no.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    do you big dog sellers really get that shook over some negative feedback? as detailed plainly in this example, sometimes packages are gonna get lost and a some buyers are going to assume the worst in people and suspect the seller didn't do his/her job.

not that i buy often on eBay, but when i do, i pretty much look at ratio feedback and the last few items that were bought/sold. one negative feedback will not deter me from an item i really want.

why keep up the banter with this dude for one negative feedback if you have a ton of positive feedback to fall on? given that we all know how crazy shipping/selling on eBay is, i would think it's inevitable that you are going to get some negative feedback (whether deserved or not).

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    it sucks but sometimes you gotta take one on the chin
    I never ever ship anything out of the country surface
    also i would just refund dick's money and avoid the aggro/neg fb

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    haha! yeah, only the ultra-cheap & mentally unsound are willing to have their record spend 3 months in a submarine in order to save $4-5. These are not people I want anything to do with in any way.

Yup, couple of years ago I started straight up telling cats I don't want your business if paying for Airmail is such a sore spot.
    I guess all the elitism/dickweedery on Soulstrut rubbed off on me.

...and as far as a negative, it really doesn't matter.

• ...and as far as a negative, it really doesn't matter.

No shit. if you got a bunch of positives, you'll be fine. Anyone whose that scared by 1 neg is gonna pull some of this shit.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    haha! yeah, only the ultra-cheap & mentally unsound are willing to have their record spend 3 months in a submarine in order to save $4-5.

not to mention the decompress process required by the record before you can play it.