Did anyone REALLY like The Lox?

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Just curious. They seem like swell guys and all but I never really cared about them.They sort of bore me. not

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No, but I happen to celebrate the entire DREAM catalogue

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    their early appearances were pretty cool.
    get at me dog
    money power respect
    some mase track?? 24 hours??
    the songs w/ biggie..youll see, and the one on life after death

as far as more recent stuff, i like the get high song, and the jada why? track

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    They were never "the shit" but they got some joints...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    No, they've pretty much always sucked. They got a couple good beats over the years, though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    They're mixtape artists... don't bother with their albums. Avoid all Sheek solo joints.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Speaking of, does anyone have "Do You Think I'm Jiggy" REMIX?

Take that to the "Request MP3" Thread.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    money power respect
    wild out
    recognize (i think premier produced this)
    24 hrs to live

• 24 hrs to live

Isn't this a Mase song?

:edit: with the Lox? I know, I know, splitting hairs.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

that's how i feel- but some (desperate) east coast purists are puttin them in there top 10.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

that's how i feel- but some (desperate) east coast purists are puttin them in there top 10.

Weak. I don't know if I would put them in the top 50. Jadakiss as a solo rapper MAYBE...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Speaking of, does anyone have "Do You Think I'm Jiggy" REMIX?

Take that to the "Request MP3" Thread.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Avoid all Sheek solo joints.

Seriously. Dude must have some compromising photos of Elliot Wilson for all the ink he's gotten in XXL.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Hahaha, remember when people were saying Jadakiss was "the new King of NY?" Pretty harsh dis to NY, if you ask me.

Avoid all Sheek solo joints.

Seriously. Dude must have some compromising photos of Elliot Wilson for all the ink he's gotten in XXL.

I remember reading this interview with him when his first (yes, he has more than one) solo album came out: "I ain't even want to do an album--but the streets was like 'When are you coming out?' and I was like 'It's like that?'"... all I can say to that is that he must be getting approached by some extraordinarily undiscriminating streets.

The only possible reason anybody could be feeling him is if they found his very averageness inspiring, like "I can rap as good as this dude--and he has two albums! And he gets EIGHT DOLLARS PER SALE!!!"

All time Sheek quotables:

When you look at me, don't look at me as Sheek from the LOX/Look at me as that cat that know how to box!

Ma, you got these other chicks outlined in chalk (YA KILLIN' 'EM!)

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Styles P is sick. Especially some of the mix tape stuff he's done. But most Lox tracks are not that exciting.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the first two lox albums definitely have their moments. the first if you like diddy-disco rap and the second if you like early swizz. Plus yeah that premier track.

their shit on the ruff ryders comps was pretty good too on the whole

cosign on sheek louch solo being pretty avoidable.

24 hours is the shit

the first two lox albums definitely have their moments. the first if you like diddy-disco rap and the second if you like early swizz.

Ah, yes, I seem to recall you enthusing over that second album.

8.5?

Also:

Blow a C.O., just cus it's borin'...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Blow a C.O., just cus it's borin'...

wow, you must have a lot of confidence in your street cred if you openly admit to sucking off a prison guard.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

8.5?
    on a good day

speaking of me and noz disagreeing or whatever, he thinks they suck after the first album i believe

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I remember reading this interview with him when his first (yes, he has more than one)

Wow, I had no idea. He's one LP away from being able to put out a "Greatest Hits" album, which would truly signify the end of the (rapp) world.

• The lox are great, their albums suck. They need to avoid Swizz and any other casio beats at all cost. Mostly everything they've rapped on that was a grimy sample (i know i know it's 2007) has been great... make that very good.

8.5?
    on a good day

speaking of me and noz disagreeing or whatever, he thinks they suck after the first album i believe

You sound self-conscious.

I remember reading this interview with him when his first (yes, he has more than one)

Wow, I had no idea. He's one LP away from being able to put out a "Greatest Hits" album, which would truly signify the end of the (rapp) world.

He should do it--HE WILL GET EIGHT DOLLARS AN ALBUM, SON!

$8 x 37 albums = $296!!!

Get that Greatest Hits money, Sheek!

• The Jada with Green Lantern=One of the best street tapes ever. They got a couple of joints floating around (The last Styles P singles where dope; "this is how we live" and "testify")

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

8.5?
    on a good day

i dont follow you

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The lox are great, their albums suck. They need to avoid Swizz and any other casio beats at all cost. Mostly everything they've rapped on that was a grimy sample (i know i know it's 2007) has been great... make that very good.
    some of their best songs ("Wild Out") are with swizz

8.5?
    on a good day

i dont follow you

Going out of your way to address people that have noted your embarassing crush on Noz.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

you seem awfully familiar with my thoughts.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

you seem awfully familiar with my thoughts.
    bcuz we argued about this on a message board not long ago?