Frank's #4

2»

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Frank what is your 10-20 right now? location?

ehm... sorry but what is a "10-20" ?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

10-20 is code for location.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

10-20 is code for location.

Ah, okay!
    My 10-20 is still Conakry, Guinea where life never gets too boring:
    Two days ago, a MIG fighter jet crashed into the building of the state owned TV station located directly across the street from the newly built US embassy Both buildings are only about half a mile from our house... luckily this was just a case of bad flying.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Finally got around to listening to this. I don't think there has been a song on any of the 4 mixes that I haven't liked. I was wondering out of all the tracks you've included in the mixes if whether or not the rest of the LP is generally as good? Or are these a lot of one trackers that you are finding through out the LPs? Does that make sense what I'm asking?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Finally got around to listening to this. I don't think there has been a song on any of the 4 mixes that I haven't liked. I was wondering out of all the tracks you've included in the mixes if whether or not the rest of the LP is generally as good? Or are these a lot of one trackers that you are finding through out the LPs? Does that make sense what I'm asking?

Most times it's one funky track per LP but that doesn't mean that the rest of the record is not also enjoyable. Often times an LP hosts a variety of musical styles. The Christy Essien has two dope tracks, the featured "life is a game" plus the equally good "mr. pride". The Faces LP has one other strong Funk track while the rest of the LP is more weird psych pop ish but still fun listening to. A lot of the Poly Rythmo records have one or two "club tracks" but offer a great listen all the way through as far as home use is concerned. The Ofege in my opinion has not a single track that would work on a dance floor but it's a great record that seems to be quite in demand.

African Music is kinda dangerous. In the beginning, I had all intentions to be strict and sell everything that could not be used for DJing. Now I've already sorted out boxes of stuff that I want to keep for "private" use. A lot of the unfunky stuff really does grow on you...

• love all the mixes, but plaese to make a mix of the 'private' listening stuff. rock psych etc

Most times it's one funky track per LP but that doesn't mean that the rest of the record is not also enjoyable. Often times an LP hosts a variety of musical styles. The Christy Essien has two dope tracks, the featured "life is a game" plus the equally good "mr. pride". The Faces LP has one other strong Funk track while the rest of the LP is more weird psych pop ish but still fun listening to. A lot of the Poly Rythmo records have one or two "club tracks" but offer a great listen all the way through as far as home use is concerned. The Ofege in my opinion has not a single track that would work on a dance floor but it's a great record that seems to be quite in demand.

African Music is kinda dangerous. In the beginning, I had all intentions to be strict and sell everything that could not be used for DJing. Now I've already sorted out boxes of stuff that I want to keep for "private" use. A lot of the unfunky stuff really does grow on you...

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    love all the mixes, but plaese to make a mix of the 'private' listening stuff. rock psych etc

Very cool! Thats sort of what I expected and its good to hear as I am way jealous. Glad to hear you are keeping a lot of it.