DISCO COVERS

2»

Comments

• Would you mind telling us the name of the artist for this song?

wow...im shocked a dj of your stature does not have the knowledge on this joint....

hit me

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Don't be mean, Kon.

The only thing that's coming to mind is some 12" that I have which is a disco version of "GYNACOM" backed with a disco version of "Inner City Blues" but I haven't listened to/even seen that shit in my collection in a long time - so I don't know if this or not.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Hey What part of the game is this????

This is not the one with Inner City Blues on and I remember that ICB being way better than the Girl cover. Anyway since KNOw it all probably told you, this one is by Bay Ridge's most creative copyright infringer. The b side is even better coz half way through it goes into a Disco funktastic version of In a Jungle Groove. But I don't have that recorded.

Instead I'm gonna hijack the disco and make it all bboy.

Inna Jungle Groove (Rock The House)

• Don't be mean, Kon.

The only thing that's coming to mind is some 12" that I have which is a disco version of "GYNACOM" backed with a disco version of "Inner City Blues" but I haven't listened to/even seen that shit in my collection in a long time - so I don't know if this or not.

next time you dont know it all cosmo, your being shot in your dj hand. or maybe sent back to texas.
    jesus, get on my level.

i am a sarcastic bastard. it gets lost via text.

paul lewis does a nice version of icb...12"
    how bout, martha reeves/ now that we found love..lots and lots of covers.

how about latin covers of disco songs.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i was listening to these disco-ish takes on the beatles from '81 today

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    "For Your Love" by Chilly

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    St. Tropez - I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You

• "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" - Charanga 76 (Already dope song but disco and spanish makes it so much better)

Is it safe to say that anything by MECO is god awful?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    disco dub band for the love of money
    the later discoey version of be thankful by william de vaughn himself
    charme georgy porgy

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I have a favorite disco cover of Sugarloaf's "Green-Eyed Lady", but I'm blanking on the name of the group. Anyone know it?