"no longer a registered user" Ebay Related

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Hey guys...its been a minute..or more like a week I guess. Still just trying to deal.Anyhow, Got a question for the ebay sellers here.What do you do when someone buys something then gets booted from ebay?Dude bought an auction ( a cheap one so Im not trippin) and he paid for it through paypal, but now he is no longer registered. Is he still allowed to leave feedback and recieve messages?? Should I just refund his money and not send it...or just send it? Is there anything I should worry about chargebacks or whatever??More curious if he can still leave feedback and get messages i guess. Im inclined just to refund him and not deal but I dont know the circumstances to his departure and have nothing to do with it so that doesnt seem fair.What would you do ? Send it or refund??

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    As long as it is paid for I would send it.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    As long as it is paid for I would send it.

Agreed. You got paid for it, you should ship it.
    Get in touch with him directly just to make sure. He must've given you an email addy, yeah?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    when a person is no longer a registered user they won't be able to receive or send messages nor feedback on eBay. if the payment went through, i would say definitely ship the item to them asap.

on the other side of the story, i once bought an item from a seller who a week later was suddenly no longer a registered user... i was a little worried until my item showed up and everything... it was just strange since i couldn't leave them positive feedback and i wanted to. oh well...

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    cool, thanks everyone. Tim was sure we needed to send it and I was curious about feedback. Thanks for clearing all that up. Always helpful.

by the way...the weather is Rockin' Right now in the NW.

Already 71!!!! Im on my way out the house to get me some sunshine and a ice cream cone!

its my new diet plan....I'm lovin it.

Have a great day!!!

• If it was a valuable record I would definitely be wary of sending in such a situation. Would definitely try to contact the buyer to find out what's going on and then go from there. There is a risk of a paypal chargeback or payment reversal. But since it's a cheap record it doesn't make much difference either way.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Be very wary if you are selling a big-ticket piece, I got got the exact same way. I even emailed the buyer (who had perfect feedback) who said he was just closing that account because he had multiples, so I felt like it was safe to send the item. 2 weeks later he ran the ol' chargeback scam on me. I was out for my goods and $160.