I got that telecommuting thing on lock down!!!

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I'm shifting my duties so I can work from home more often. Just forward office calls to my cell, port into my computer and wake up at 8AM instead of 6. Loving life right now!

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I say this is a perfect opportunity to...GET A BLOG!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I'm shifting my duties so I can work from home more often. Just forward office calls to my cell, port into my computer and wake up at 8AM instead of 6. Loving life right now!

I just got this ability but I can only really do it like if I need to stay home sick or have to wait for the plumber or some shit. Still it is nice to not have to take PTO and to be able to work at home. Also having the company foot the bill for wireless internet is great.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm about to lobby for some telecommuting at my job. There's really no reason why I should come into the office--every aspect of my job is done online. Hell, my supervisor telecommutes from Sacramento.

The jobby-job is supposed to be hooking me up with a saucy new Macbook Pro. Once I get that thing, I'm definitely pushing for telecommute. It would make my life so much easier.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    All of my side job stuff is telecommute and i really wish i could have the setup full time. Despite the ability for distraction i would be so much more productive in my own space. A toast to you, bastians of bathrobe board meetings: May you prosper in your pj's.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Watch out, shit gets kinda claustrophobic. I'm 100% telecommute and I kinda miss leaving the house...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Watch out, shit gets kinda claustrophobic. I'm 100% telecommute and I kinda miss leaving the house...

i did this for a about a year and it's a lonely world. i ran out of the house everyday at 5 to play basketball or something to keep myself mental. although i think part of the problem was that i was doing the shittiest work imagineable. i think if i could do what i'm doing now from home it'd be a different story.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

i did this for a about a year and it's a lonely world. i ran out of the house everyday at 5 to play basketball or something to keep myself mental. although i think part of the problem was that i was doing the shittiest work imagineable. i think if i could do what i'm doing now from home it'd be a different story.

Yeah, I think I'm going to start working from the local coffee shop a couple mornings a week. I often get out surfing in the morning but this week's been busy...