Entouch

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
So, I got a copy of Entouch's album "All Nite" from 1989 two weeks ago because it was one of like 300 records that were given to me for free. Well, after giving a cursory listen to like 290 of the 300 records, I put this on and it's actually pretty fucking dope. I mean, I don't want to go all overboard or anything, but it's like the best B.B.D./New Jack Swing stuff you'll ever hear. I'm hardly a fan of the genre, but this stands out to me as a stellar example. Who knew? Anyone? Were they even that popular when they came out?

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    "put on my best can't believe that she said yes
    and she's impressed...this could be the start of my happiness
    shes so fly...intelligent and she dont get high
    laaaaawd did you see her thighs enough to make any grown man cry"

too hype was my shit....
    but you might wanna listen to it again..because that album sucked

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    What about "All Nite" and "What Cha Gonna Do"? The production and use of samples on the album is similar but doper than B.B.D. or Teddy Riley ever were to me. I know that might not be a stellar endorsement, but seeing as how both of them are getting all this retro-play lately...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The production and use of samples on the album is similar but doper than B.B.D. or Teddy Riley ever were to me.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What about "All Nite" and "What Cha Gonna Do"? The production and use of samples on the album is similar but doper than B.B.D. or Teddy Riley ever were to me. I know that might not be a stellar endorsement, but seeing as how both of them are getting all this retro-play lately...

"That Entouch is not EVEN seein' any of my productions.. Yup Yup!"

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    The production and use of samples on the album is similar but doper than B.B.D. or Teddy Riley ever were to me.

"All Nite" and "Too Hype" used to get a lot of BET play. I think wifedog has the cd. Maybe its a cd raer? Never thought it was anywhere as good as TR or BBD though.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

"All Nite" and "Too Hype" used to get a lot of BET play. I think wifedog has the cd. Maybe its a cd raer? Never thought it was anywhere as good as TR or BBD though.

I'd take the singing on the Teddy Riley or B.B.D. any day for sure, but I stand by the production on this Entouch joint being hot. Then again, this free haul has been turning me on to some of Stevie V's production too, so I don't know how much I should trust my taste right now.