Stretch Armstrong Show feat. Bobbito

djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
...also in the last edition of the radio tribute...This is one of the last great radio shows to me. I learned about so many artists from them and was always trying to get copies of these shows. Bobbito was always super cool to me and would hook me up with artists to do interviews and get demos so I appreciate that. Anyway, share your memories, here's mine:-The Staff: DJ Skinny Bones (a.k.a Stretch Armstrong, Bobbito The Barner a.k.a Cucumber Slice, Lord Sear, Kurious)-Artists they put me up on and/or were instrumental in breaking:Artifacts, Cage, Company Flow, Total Pack, Foul Play, Kurious, Arsonists, Mr Voodoo, Natural Elements, Punch N Words, J Treads, Organized Konfusion, OC, Cella Dwellas, Tony Bones, Percee P, Mr Complex, Necro, Big L, Maddskillz, Absolute, and many more...-Artist who had been out before but made their returns on the show: Godfather Don, MF Doom, Craig G, MC Serch-Stretch Armstrong Classic MomentsCraig G after the first Supernatural BattleCraig G Heiro and Supernatural FreestyleKRS and Lord Finesse w/SP-12Godfather Don (trendz of culture freestyle diss)Maddskillz & Q TipRed Hot Lover Tone w/Punch & WordsBig L & Jay Z-Stretch Armstrong CharactersticsA&Rs dream...Had their own language: "Love Bisquits", etc...quirky senses of humorlots of late nite talkingcrazy demoscrazy long late nite freestyle sessions

Comments

• no stretch armstrong fans, freedback, or memories??? don't be shy...ha

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    can't post much right now, i'm on a dinner mission, but i do have the last show on 4 cds if you're interested in copies.

stretch and bobbtio & the wake up show were the greatest radio shows ever in my opinion.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    -Stretch Armstrong Classic Moments
    Craig G after the first Supernatural Battle
    Craig G Heiro and Supernatural Freestyle
    KRS and Lord Finesse w/SP-12
    Godfather Don (trendz of culture freestyle diss)
    Maddskillz & Q Tip
    Red Hot Lover Tone w/Punch & Words
    Big L & Jay Z

Please put together on some sort of "Best of" Comp.

Thx in advance!

Yeah great show. Spent many late nights staying up as long as I could before eventually passing out to that shit...