The Wake Up Show

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    People are always saying ______ is a cool dude, but Joe quixx really is a cool dude.

Co-fucking-sign

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    so many fond memories of listening to this show. i have boxes of boxes of tapes from like '95 to '00. the kool keith interviews were always great. that vhs tape they had out was dope.

rev's promos always killled. and a lot of the mixes they featured in like '95-'96 were really well done.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Controller_7 said:
    People are always saying ______ is a cool dude, but Joe quixx really is a cool dude.

Co-fucking-sign

Joe is a dude among men.

• DJ_Enki said:
    mannybolone said:
    Controller_7 said:

Co-fucking-sign

Joe is a dude among men.

I just did an interview with Joe and I think it came out really well:

http://blog.djmatthewafrica.com/2011/02/2-busy-saying-yeah-real-talk-joe-quixx.html

I've known Joe for years and although I'd heard some of these stories, he had never opened up at this length before.

My favorite part is Joe's description of how he learned DJing which to anyone under 30 probably sounds like one of those "I had to walk 50 miles each way through the snow"-type stories but really captures what it was like back then.

• Thanks, Matthew. This is great, and it's making a very slow day at work go by much faster.