Keb Darge - Melbourne - Thursday April 5

hugh_lucerohugh_lucero 485 Posts
edited April 2007 in Announcements

Comments

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    Match report?

• sorry mate - been away for a few days ... the gig above was great, nice venue, good sound system and solid enough crowd who all seemed to bring their dancing shoes along. Lots of local funk heads in attendance as well - theres a certain touch if you like to hear Keb spinning the Bamboo's whilst a few metres to your left is the man who penned the tune. Keb's set was anchored in the funk (6 days on names of the few I recognised escape me) & crossed over to some rockabilly in places - personally I wasn't feeling that stuff too much, but could laugh at the beration from the booth that 'if you don't like this then you can fuck off'. Not sure how long he played as I bailed 1.30ish - the Alice Russell show the following night was absolutely rammed to the point of suffocation and was all in all too much to bear .. Keb was left with bit of an empty room afterwards so in hindsight I was well pleased to have made it to the Thursday show.

Also met the tour promoter on the Thursday night who gave me the run-down re: NZ, seems Cian didn't organise the right visa, what a shitter. The main money gig behind the tour was the headline set for the closing of the Adelaide festival ...

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts

Ahaaahahaaa....

Cian, eh? Was passing the buck back at the Aust promoter for bit there. Who knows what the real deal was then?

Sounds like a good ol knees up then... heard he was startgint o get into the rockabilly... probably from hanging out at Gaz's Rock'n' Blues in Soho - that's a hilarious night on the tiles for sure.

Caught Alice at both Byron and Great Escape in Sydney - really good show, more on her modern pop/soul tip than the hard funk...

She's in AK tomorrow - a sell out at a small venue - should be a sweatbox.