JAMES BROWN DRUG PSA 45..

speakmumblesspeakmumbles 447 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/James-Brown-Fight-Ag...1QQcmdZViewItemsomebody should buy that..what a good investment...shhheeeeeeeeeesh

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    $10 grand? Fuck are they smoking?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Folls! This is clearly NORTHERN SOUL!

It is obvious that it never received airplay as the equipment of the day would have left its mark. [???[/b]] It is a little time capsule that is not likely to be found again. I have found no reference about this disc in any Internet searches.

yet

I am accepting bids for the owner who may be too optimistic about its value.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I asked him about the record, asking for matrix #'s, telling him that both radio spots have been released on CD. This was his response.

The numbers scribed in the vinyl are PSA-1-A and PSA-1-B. There are many records now available on compact disc. However, this does not decrease the record's rareity and value and they are not making any more of them. I thank you for the information.

I then wrote back:

As a 28 year record collector, I know about rarity and how many recordings are on compact disc, but it seems what you are doing is taking advantage of eBay by inflating the price of this record by $9,950. It may be worth $50 tops, depending on condition of the record and sleeve, but not $10,000. If someone actually bids, and it is a successful venture, more power to you, but you are simply hurting the integrity of record collecting by placing a price tag on something that is not worth that much, regardless of whether or not it's a white label promo, "radio copy", or any other words you choose to use to highlight your sale.

If it was a one of a kind acetate, then *MAYBE* it would be worth that much, but most would pay $1000 tops, maybe. You're banking on some fool to shell out the $10,000 and that's sad. Of course, "one poor sucker" is all it takes.

Good luck in your venture.

In the words of Akshen, a/k/a Scarface, punk motherfucker go suck a dick.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    It is a little time capsule that is not likely to be found again. I have found no reference about this disc in any Internet searches.

Yeah, not likely to be found again.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I asked him about the record, asking for matrix #'s, telling him that both radio spots have been released on CD. This was his response.

The numbers scribed in the vinyl are PSA-1-A and PSA-1-B. There are many records now available on compact disc. However, this does not decrease the record's rareity and value and they are not making any more of them. I thank you for the information.

I then wrote back:

As a 28 year record collector, I know about rarity and how many recordings are on compact disc, but it seems what you are doing is taking advantage of eBay by inflating the price of this record by $9,950. It may be worth $50 tops, depending on condition of the record and sleeve, but not $10,000. If someone actually bids, and it is a successful venture, more power to you, but you are simply hurting the integrity of record collecting by placing a price tag on something that is not worth that much, regardless of whether or not it's a white label promo, "radio copy", or any other words you choose to use to highlight your sale.

If it was a one of a kind acetate, then *MAYBE* it would be worth that much, but most would pay $1000 tops, maybe. You're banking on some fool to shell out the $10,000 and that's sad. Of course, "one poor sucker" is all it takes.

Good luck in your venture.

In the words of Akshen, a/k/a Scarface, punk motherfucker go suck a dick.

I find this hilarious. Why waste your time responding to an auction just because you don't like the price? Taking advantage of Ebay? GTFOOHWTBS

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I find this hilarious. Why waste your time responding to an auction just because you don't like the price? Taking advantage of Ebay? GTFOOHWTBS

Because it was posted on Soul Strut. It's called "being stupid", and I do that well. All in fun. Have spirit, sir, it's not serious.