Attn. Texas folks

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited April 2007 in Announcements
I just set up a monthly record swap/sale on the last Sunday of every month at the Monkey Bar in Dallas. It will start at 3pm so that people that have to get up early for work can still make it and get home early enough. I visualize people just bringing a couple of boxes of records to trade/sell and just kicking it at a cool venue and listening to records and drinking some cold beers. A "record show" without the stuffy hotel conference rooms, without as much crust, and of course with beer and turntables to check out new tunes.Monkey Bar is a cool bar with a really nice outdoor area. It is located near Fair Park in downtown Dallas at 408 Exposition Ave. www.dallasmonkeybar.comThis is free to attend or sell at, the only money needed is to buy records and adult beverages. This is my first attempt at this, so suggestions and questions are definitely welcome.First event is Sunday April 29th at 3PM

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I don't understand why, in 2007, most major cities in the U.S don't have swaps like this.

This looks really good.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Exactly. I was always jealous when I read about things like this in other cities so I figured why can't I be the one to organize it here. I hope it turns out well.