Anyone f--- with NI Battery up in here?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I'm looking at getting off my mpc more, and from what I've seen, Battery is the most likely candidate for filling that void (both in utility and work flow). Just putting out the feelers at this point to see what others have experienced with this program.That said, I haven't been following software releases for the past.. oh, 3 years, say, and realize this program may already be obsolete.What is the word?Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    I'm looking at getting off my mpc more, and from what I've seen, Battery is the most likely candidate for filling that void (both in utility and work flow). Just putting out the feelers at this point to see what others have experienced with this program.

That said, I haven't been following software releases for the past.. oh, 3 years, say, and realize this program may already be obsolete.

What is the word?
    Thanks in advance!

i use battery all the time that and halion and nothing else.it's real easy to make kits to use in beats, i have two kits which i use all the time then slot in different sounds when i need them.
    You can double up your snares and kicks real easy using layers and send each hit to a seperate output for proccessing...all i would say is don't ditch your MPC you'll regret it...i'm getting tired of PCs i'm going back to tape.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ...all i would say is don't ditch your MPC you'll regret it...i'm getting tired of PCs i'm going back to tape.

I'd agree with that. Battery's alright, and it could pretty much be used as a software version of an MPC. But I don't understand why you'd want to do that, unless you're already running you PC as part of your music production setup. I like the fact you can just have your MPC on, and its just you and the music. Sitting, staring at a PC screen can get too mind mumbing.

I'm, sure you can get a demo to try. Or you could d/l a version from a torrent site to try before you buy.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Battery is great and it will do everything you need it to, but to echo everyone else here don't get rid of your mp because the feel can't be beaten.

Battery sounds good, but you'll spend time and energy screwing around with eq, compression and bit reduction to get the sound you want. I think you're better off to approach something like battery trying to do new things, rather than the things you're already doing, because it could just disapoint you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i like battery. try it out and use the mpc as a midi controller. if you don't like it, you can keep the mpc. if you like it more, sell the mpc and buy korg's padkontrol or the mpd24. NI has a demo on their site that's pretty much the full version so you can check that out.