More Ignorance from Concious rappers.

13»

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    [deleted] never try to write soething intelligent when youre stoned[/deleted]

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    And I dont think we heard from even 1 black person. yay for us.

For reals?

not positive i guess. but pretty sure. Does faux rills count?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

For reals?

not positive i guess. but pretty sure. Does faux rills count?

Only Coselmed knows for sure

I also think it's high comedy that people here think that a Black man complaining about interracial relationships is equivalent to a White guy saying something similar. But hey - as we all know, when it comes to records, Soulstrutters are up on it. When it comes to either 1) race or 2) sexism, this place is a goddamn joke.

wow. I guess I missed o-dub calling me a god damned joke. What do you know about it man? Look, regardless of what fucking color you are, I dont see why you have to hate on people in love. I mean, whatever the history lesson says, I dont neccesarily endorse any sort of "stick to your own kind" type of attitude.

Basicly though, if i had come in here like "yeah, good for common. I support his views. Keep black dudes away from our women. They should only date eachother so as to add strength to their community" that would also have been wrong. yes?

Im sure you've got some great argument lined up ready to show me how racist and clueless I am. But I still think that attitude is mad dated, and most kids I know could give a fuck. black or white. But then, I guess if interacial coupling gets you heated, l.a. is probably not the city for you.

ALl that is completely separate from commons little comment. WHich I hardly think qualifies as hate speach. But I still fail to understand why black men with white women would make anybody mad?!

Never mind. Ill just be quiet. Too many lawyers and phd's in here making me feel stupid when I post on anything other than music.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    But whatever. This topic is dead now. And I dont think we heard from even 1 black person.

HAHAHAHAAAA!

Wow...how do the inaccuracies of your posts manage to swing from entertaining to embarassing so quickly?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

"I put, bros before hoes that's the way love and life goes
    It's a Jungle out there but I'm never Fever-in for them white hoes
    I love black thighs, you sisters better realize
    That real hair and real eyes get real guys"

"Black men walking wit white girls on they arms
    I be mad at em as if I know they moms
    Told to go beyond the surface, a person's a person
    When we lessen our women our condition seems to worsen"

write a tune on his next lp about jocking Paris Hilton or something...

Not likely

I don't bother trying to find any real meaning in the throw away rhymes of rappers.

If you don't take it seriously then why listen to it at all?

But in the real world...

All I know is I've seen Common give some 16 year-old White and Latina chicks his hotel room number after a show.

I can't take these dudes seriously. The music biz, wrestling, same shit. People running around with assumed public personas. I bet some of these guys get so fcuked up that they don't know where the character they play ends & they themselves begin. If I were to take hip hop seriously, I think I'd really throw all my music in the trash: dudes condone the stupidest shit, promote negative lifestyles & ideas. I stopped listening for a long while because I was so turned off by all the bs. Life was not as fun without music, though, & I came back. I still know all the words to my favorite tunes, but I'm less likely to believe that they have any serious meaning.

Nowadays, all I want is to hear a good jam.

Peace

h

But whatever. This topic is dead now. And I dont think we heard from even 1 black person.

HAHAHAHAAAA!

Wow...how do the inaccuracies of your posts manage to swing from entertaining to embarassing so quickly?

jokes man. c'mon. Are y'all done?

HAHAHAHAAAA!

FYI: I wasn't joking.

HAHAHAHAAAA!

FYI: I wasn't joking.

yeah, i know. I was. I dont know what you were doing.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Just to point out the painfully obvious: when white folk say "no" to interracial relationships, they have been able to enforce it through legislation (at the very least) and lynching (at the very worst). When anyone else (non-white) complain about interracial relationships, the best they can do is put it in a song.

that is a goddamn joke. I am white, I could never hope to start a movement that could change or start some legistature that could enforce a ban on interracial relationships. I could lynch somebody (but come on man, ANYONE can lynch someone). But If I was to say the same thing as common, I would be labeled an ignorant racist.

It is another double standard. And once again according the the "Brilliant" views of Professor O-dub, that is ok, cuase I am white and other people are minorities, WHich gives them the pass to complain, and spout ignorant bullshit.

Even though I understand the situation of black women vs. shortage of black men, I dont think that should govern who someone loves.

Common acts intelligent enough to understand that if you love someone you love someone, regardless of anything.

Once again, it is ignorance excepted because of his color.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Bsides:

Drewn the Curtisologist = 1 Black Person

Oldnewsoul = 2 (sorry I didn't see you in there, G**y!)

Coselmed the Ebony Goddess (can I borrow that, please?) equals 3.

Bsides:

Drewn the Curtisologist = 1 Black Person

Oldnewsoul = 2 (sorry I didn't see you in there, G**y!)

Coselmed the Ebony Goddess (can I borrow that, please?) equals 3.

Yes, drewn has alerted me to this glaring omission. I was making a joke though, as I really dont keep up with who's what color on here that much. Not trying to say anyones not black or anything.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

It is another double standard.

Doc Bizzle:

My man, yeah there is a double standard and white people are going to have accept it and deal with it. Again I think it's hilarious that white people are getting a little upset over this, but that shit is just a drop in the bucket compared to the bullshit that minorities have and continue to go through. This basically some slap on the wrist shit in comparison.

2). I have the feeling tha Common maybe homophobic due to his Muslim faith on top of the fact that he's a regular dude living on planet earth. Not saying it's okay but I think a lot of men are just homophobic

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I find Kanye denigrating college, or Kweli talking down on women that use birth control, to be much more disturbing/offensive.

Definetly (but I haven't heard a Kweli track where he says the birth control thing) but yo , like Black Youth (or the youth in general) aren't turned off by going to college already but now we have the number one producer/rapper telling 'em to be a "college dropout". Geez, why don't you make an album called "Punch your mom in the stomach" and get it over with.

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts

Definetly (but I haven't heard a Kweli track where he says the birth control thing) but yo , like Black Youth (or the youth in general) aren't turned off by going to college already but now we have the number one producer/rapper telling 'em to be a "college dropout". Geez, why don't you make an album called "Punch your mom in the stomach" and get it over with.
    Heh.
    No shit man.
    Kanye got that chipmunk machine funk tho.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    (but I haven't heard a Kweli track where he says the birth control thing)

It's on that cornball track with him and Common from Kanye's album:

Chicks with birth control stuck to they arm like Nicorette

You really fuckin' that much, you tryin' to get off cigarettes

If she think it's fly, she ain't met a real nigga yet

I apologize if I come off a little inconsiderate

• W---- people are too gotdamn sensitive.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    'sensitive' is the new 'thug'

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    It's all about concious shit from ignorant rappers in 2005.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    It's all about concious shit from ignorant rappers in 2005.

Willie D bout to do "Bitch Aid" and I think I heard that E-40 saved a hoe.

• It's all about concious shit from ignorant rappers in 2005.

Willie D bout to do "Bitch Aid" and I think I heard that E-40 saved a hoe.

It was nice of Willie to do that other conceptually conscious record, too...