-

CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
edited November 2017 in Strut Central
-

Comments

• Wow. This shit is GREAT. Is this gonna be on the new record? C'mon May....

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    pushed back again?

fuck your couch, jive.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this song pretty much destroys anything this year so far.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

And I CC'ed every girl that I'd see see 'round the town

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    It is REALLY dope. Is it on the record though? I know Project Pat used that same Willie Hutch beat on his solo record, even though they flipped it a _little_ bit different.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I prefer the earlier version with Three 6 Mafia - The Outkast verses just sound out of place. Love that beat though.
    UGK & Three 6 Mafia - Players Anthem

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I prefer the earlier version with Three 6 Mafia - The Outkast verses just sound out of place. Love that beat though.

to me, this is a project pat track so it sounds a little out of place hearing anyone else over it. not that i'm mad about it though.
    this zshare don't work by the way

• No one is allowed to weigh in on Project Pat until Brian has opined.

There are procedures here, people.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

to me, this is a project pat track so it sounds a little out of place hearing anyone else over it. not that i'm mad about it though.
    this zshare don't work by the way

Zshare is acting up, it worked right after the upload. Here's a couple yousendits:

Project Pat - Choose U UGK & Three 6 Mafia - Players Anthem

The UGK album's pushed back again? Seriously? This won't do.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    outkast sound awkward as fuck and i dont even know what the fuck this spaceship garbage is that big boi is talking about. project pat's version is still the greatest but this version minus outkast is my shit right now

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Andre's verse is the reason why I posted this.

People who aren't feeling it need to fall back (esepcially if they are mixing him up with big boi )

Whoa, fall back indeed. Quit puffin on that disconnector mang!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Andre's verse is the reason why I posted this.

People who aren't feeling it need to fall back (esepcially if they are mixing him up with big boi )
    seeing as how i'm the only one who mentioned big boi in this thread, you can easily say my name. i don't see how i got him confused with andre but continue to get asshurt over someone not liking something you do.

-

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    well my bad, i thought it was from big boi's verse. referring to me as "people" is not replying to my post directly. regardless, shit sounds out of place. i'm not even talking about if their verses are good or not, i'm saying they don't sound good on this track. it sounds like a shitty blend. and if i want to hear rap about spaceships, ill listen to canibus

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yo, you know what I hate?

When people come on here and try to talk down spaceship rap.

-

• When people come on here and try to talk down spaceship rap.

That's funny.

The weird feel of Andre's verse is what makes it work. The last two verses I've heard from him, I dig the "tellin stories/my folks" kinda vibe.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

That's funny.

The weird feel of Andre's verse is what makes it work. The last two verses I've heard from him, I dig the "tellin stories/my folks" kinda vibe.

Was the other one 'Throw Some D's Remix' or 'You Remix'

Its crazy hearing dude all over the radio (rapping, I mean)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    referring to me as "people" is not replying to my post directly.

I meant people as in you and the other dude. The second half was directed at you (and I was directly replying by clicking reply to your post... )

In any case, it did come off as a little passive aggressive. Sorry dude.

Let's all have a sandwich and wait for the UGK album to come out!
    all good.

can't wait for the ugk album to come out but im still kinda skeptical on the whole 2cd thing. current tracklisting from amazon which was the same the last time i checked:

1. Intro
    2. Cocaine - Featuring Rick Ross
    3. The Game Belongs To Me
    4. Tell Me How Ya Feel -Featuring Jazze Pha
    5. How Long Can It Last-Featuring Charlie Wilson
    6. Players Anthem- Featuring Three 6 Mafia
    7. Two Type of Bitches- Featuring Dizzee Rascal
    8. Candy
    9. Quit Hatin' The South-Featuring Charlie Wilson and Willie D
    10. Next Up-Featuring Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap
    11. Heaven
    12. Still Ridin' Dirty
    13. Hit The Block -Featuring T.I.
    14. Trill Niggas Don't Die-Featuring Z-Ro
    15. Take Tha Hood Back- Featuring Slim Thug, Vicious and Middle Fingaz
    16. Stop-N-Go- Featuring Jazze Pha
    17. Again-Featuring Ronald Isley
    18. Real Women- Featuring Talib Kweli and Raheem DeVaughn
    19. Shattered Dreams-Featuring Sleepy Brown
    20. Chrome Plated Woman
    21. Gravy
    22. Underground Kingz
    23. Life Is 2009 -Featuring Too $hort
    24. Living This Life
    25. Outro
    26. Like That

"trill niggas don't die" is probably going to be molten lava.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Damn, how long is Rick Ross going to be taken seriously??? This is ridiculous....

That's funny.

Andre's verse is FUCKING FIRE. Dude always approaches the song from a unique angle. I mean, most everybody would take the predictable pimp/ho theme and Andre starts off telling his old girls he's settling down and ends up with his boys wishing him well in marriage. And the spaceship thing was only one line that made sense (to me) given the context. It wasn't like he was on some "crazy space shit that don't make no sense."

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    hating on dre's verse is retarded. if he wasnt on this i wouldnt even really care about the song. dre>>>>>>>pimp c
    this really sounds like the talk of someone who thinks that they are a pimp but in reality they are a fairy

• hating on dre's verse is retarded. if he wasnt on this i wouldnt even really care about the song. dre>>>>>>>pimp c

While I agree that Andre's verse is fucking brilliant, it must be noted that Pimp C goes pretty gotdamn hard with his on this track. A games abound on this tune.

I actually like the contrast between Dre's softer opener and the rest of the track. It makes shit that much more raw when Pimp C's verse comes in.

• When people come on here and try to talk down spaceship rap.

That's funny.

Was the other one 'Throw Some D's Remix' or 'You Remix'

Its crazy hearing dude all over the radio (rapping, I mean)

Naw, "What a Job".

• So is this a Triple 6 beat? Both versions are bananas.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    hating on dre's verse is retarded. if he wasnt on this i wouldnt even really care about the song. dre>>>>>>>pimp c

So unnecessary

I call flagrant deejery

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this really sounds like the talk of someone who thinks that they are a pimp but in reality they are a fairy

and who has the dirty version?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

So unnecessary

I call flagrant deejery
    get the fuck outta here with that

pimp c clearly has the best verse on the song

this beat is a project pat classic and i'm so-so on their appropriation of it.