fuggit about the sopranos, what about the shield?

hungovermulattohungovermulatto 168 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
cant' tell much from that wonky fx teaser, but odds onvic pops both cavanaugh and shane?best line from lat season was that " your ex-wife's pussy tastes like sweet butter" -- had me laughin' for days...aceveda should get got, too.

Comments

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    This is my favorite series on TV hands down. Its been gone too long. I was begining to think it wasn't comming back on due to the producer passing away last year.

• Definitely looking forward to this tonight. So Forrest is back for another season? Haven't seen any teasers/trailers and I likes it like that. My Tuesday evenings have been missing the rock'n'roll cops hour.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i watched the first season of this and thought it was corny as fuck. shit was so over dramatic. was i missing something?

the show is filled with over-the-top drama/grit/hacky-directing, but for whatever reason it works. the quality of the show gets better and better until last season. some personal highlights are the robbing of the money train, captain aceveda getting mouth-raped (nohomo), shane beating the new partner into a coma, shane leaving the gang to join up with michael pena during the anthony anderson beef...

• To my Shield fans, what did you think of last night's episode? The show had been off-air for so long I'd kinda forgot about it but they plunge you right back in. Great episode. Yr boy Cletus is gonna be wilin' out this year! Vic dropping out the ceiling....dirty-ass Kavanagh....great stuff.

One plot question though, why/what sent Dutch and them to that house at the end where they saw all the dead bodies? Was he following up a lead on the Salvadoran/Guardo angle? that was kinda confusing to me.

I spent half the episode trying to remember what all had gone on last season so I probably need to catch it again. ONly 10 eps this season.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    i watched the first season of this and thought it was corny as fuck. shit was so over dramatic. was i missing something?

yes

Only show since OZ where I've seen every single episode. Definitley one of the best shows on TV.
    I recorded last night's episode but I'm not gonna watch it until Friday when I can get my drank on and enjoy it to it's full potential

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i just caught the back episodes in syndication on spike
    when will the armenians turn up again
    ?
    also the cat fight with vic's squeezes

took me a minute to adapt to the shoot style & edits
    but it does grow on ya

Definitley one of the best shows on TV.
    whoa whoa, lets not get ahead of ourselves. this is a entertaining cop show with a good plot, its not competing for the best of anything

I recorded last night's episode but I'm not gonna watch it until Friday when I can get my drank on and enjoy it to it's full potential
    but this is a good idea. i was pretty drunk when i saw 'shooter' on sunday and it made the movie very enjoyable

• mandrew, I'd put it in the Top 7 or so. What's better?

The Wire
    Sopranos
    The Office
    Weeds
    The Shield
    ????? what else is good out there.

I sitll watch Lost but that's pretty shitty anymore. Bout to check out the Tudors. Slept on Rome. I dig Dexter.

Oh yeah, I also forgot "Debbie Does Dallas Again" and the Seymore Butts show.

you know what, i'm not afraid to admit it - you guys are right.

the shield is not an all-time show like the (old) sopranos, etc... but compared to what else is on the tube i have to agree it is in the top of its class.

just for kicks, i also watch

30 rock (pants-tent waiting for tomorrow's arnett-baldwin face-off)
    entourage
    law & order criminal intent (even though it fell off hard this year)

never messed with 24/lost, and i'm kind of glad i didn't get sucked into those

on a side note, i started watching the wire just a few months ago. i'm through episode 7 on season two. oh my god this show is amazing

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The season started again? Geez, tells you how out of it I am. Too busy with work and family these days. I'll have to catch a re-run hopefully.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts

One plot question though, why/what sent Dutch and them to that house at the end where they saw all the dead bodies? Was he following up a lead on the Salvadoran/Guardo angle? that was kinda confusing to me.

hes was checking for one of the salvadoran confessors (?) witness/cousin

anyways, awesome episode

• tonights episode

Yeah that shit was intense. Claudette is such a bad-ass.

Vic to Cavanagh:

SEE YA!

• SEE YA!

i fuckin hope so, dead weight, vic's fuckin psycho & is down for his boy, wonder what he gonna do when he finds out the real story...

I dug the whole Cavanagh scene but it was time to move on. How long can Shane play the game?

• dirtyboydirtyboy 16 Posts
    i saw the first episode of the last season the other day. kinda disapointed. i dunno, it's like they try too hard, specially the last couple of seasons. the episode i saw was like a 50 minute climax, you overdid it homes.

• whoa. that scene with mackey and cletus was great...

so far it's beating the sopranos on the writing front, and i'd put
    chicklis up against gandolfini anytime.

the rest of the season (except for the last ep.) is out in torrent land for those of y'all who
    wanna be spolied.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Vic don't like cats makin decisions w/out him.

Looks like Shane is going into scramble mode. Dood can't even live w/out Vic Mackey in his life, as we saw when he was out on his own and got buried in shit that Vic (and Lem, which ultimately cost him his life) had to help him get out of. I guess this is gonna be Walton Goggins' last season.......

also does it seem to you, that vic's supposed replacement is starting to like vic? the way they rolled that fool in the burger joint was classic...

Yeah, it does, but like Wymms said, he's only seen the good side of Vic or the side that Vic wants him to see.

Ol' Julian is going to have a nervous breakdown tryna ride w/ the Strike Team. He ain't ready.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    What episode is currently on in the US? Unfortunatly in Canada this shit got delayed, but lucky for me the French are running 2 shows a week, so I'm on episode 10 or 11 of Season 6. I don't know which, I'm thinking 10. The end of the last episode was as hell, and it's made the entire season for me. I can only sit back and enjoy. This has been a long time coming, and it was my one wish for season 6.....No spoilers, but man....it IS ABOUT TO GET STUPID!!!!!!

i got a strong feeling wymms is dirty...

Naw. Never that son.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    also does it seem to you, that vic's supposed replacement is starting to like vic? the way they rolled that fool in the burger joint was classic...

Yeah, it does, but like Wymms said, he's only seen the good side of Vic or the side that Vic wants him to see.

Ol' Julian is going to have a nervous breakdown tryna ride w/ the Strike Team. He ain't ready.

It'll be interesting to see how Julian works out. Will he get corrupted by the team or will he become a snitch and rat them out? Or he could end up dead

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

best line of the episode:

"Johnny Cochran aint alive to represent you."