BLADES OF GLORY

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
people its a 10!leaves anchorman and talledega nights in the dust! yes, in. the. dust. extra saucy ferrel abstract improv shennanigans to the 10th power. definitely going for another level here. dude from napoleon dynamite is a huge asset. 'Pam' actress from the office (need i say more)! ...this one is what all the other will ferrel movies were TRYING to be but FAILED by comparison.

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    gotta say.
    shit was pretty damn funny.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey K##l and A#i:

Just got back from watching with the wife.
    That last routine with the F###h G####n song is so funny!
    Ya'll gotta see it!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i just realized somthing (maybe) - i think this one is so good because its achieving its own mass. theyve broken free of the traces of the 'parody' format that sort of originated back with Airplane/naked gun/police squad stuff, and are now making 'original' (and uniquely absurd) films. its (sort of?) a new genre, its just taken the last 10-15 years of these 'pushing the edge' absurd comedy movies to arrive at this - the "original yet totally funny take on:____ that hasnt really been covered yet because it doesnt exist in reality" film.

maybe im on craque though.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i just realized somthing (maybe) - i think this one is so good because its achieving its own mass. theyve broken free of the traces of the 'parody' format that sort of originated back with Airplane/naked gun/police squad stuff, and are now making 'original' (and uniquely absurd) films. its (sort of?) a new genre, its just taken the last 10-15 years of these 'pushing the edge' absurd comedy movies to arrive at this - the "original yet totally funny take on:____ that hasnt really been covered yet because it doesnt exist in reality" film.

maybe im on craque though.

Naw, that is a pretty spot on observation man.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts

where you see "original and totally funny take on:____", i see "here's will ferrell trying to improvise being serious at something not so serious, again," and i'm not really looking forward to that, again.

noone will care that will ferrell sang a song about humps to that one kid [the anticulkin [?]] 10 years from now. maybe even 5. but if it's 5 it will only be because they just came out with a newer, funnier movie with will ferrell, jonathon lipnicki, and vince vaughn jr about competitive eating.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    yes, will ferrell is pretty much doing the same shtick from anchorman and talladega nights, but on ice this time, but, personally, it still makes me laugh most of the time.

that said, i think this movie is worth seeing simply for will arnett and amy poehler's characters.