Crazy Ass News Story Of The Year(So Far) Contest

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Dateline Texas:38 year old dude comes home one night after playing cards and finds his wife in lingerie, in a pick-up truck parked in their driveway, doin' some guy.When hubby approaches, wifey jumps out of the truck half naked and her boyfriend starts the truck and tries to take off.Hubby pulls out a gun and shoots boyfriend dead.Court decides today to press no charges against Hubby and wifey is going to jail.Figure that shit out!!!!(I'll send an LP to the first Non-Texan with the correct answer)

Comments

• It was hubby's truck, and they ruled dude was trying to steal it; wife was, therefore, an accesory to GTA.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It was hubby's truck, and they ruled dude was trying to steal it; wife was, therefore, an accesory to GTA.

It was the boyfriend's truck

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Dude would have run him over with the truck, and he was on his own property, wherein you can kill anyone who's fucking your wife.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    While I admit to being curious, this in no way tops 50 ft. Michael Jackson robot shooting lasers in the Las Vegas desert as a "crazy" news story.

Dude would have run him over with the truck, and he was on his own property, wherein you can kill anyone who's fucking your wife.

Not even close

While I admit to being curious, this in no way tops 50 ft. Michael Jackson robot shooting lasers in the Las Vegas desert as a "crazy" news story.

C'mon dude, it's only crazy because it's MJ......if we were talking about 50 foot Penn & Teller robots no one would even bat an eyelash.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm gonna go with:

Dude pleads temporary insanity (due to being so monumentally pissed off)
    Wifey is an accessory to murder

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    More bizarre going ons and it's not even April 1st yet.

Tooting Man Worshipped As Goddess
    Updated: 13:02, Friday March 30, 2007

A jobless man from south London has begun a new life - as a goddess in India.

Steve Cooper, from Tooting, blesses Hindus who believe he can cure their infertility.

Pilgrims head to a remote jungle temple where the 32-year-old performs the ritual

According to the Sun he lays his finger on their heads and tells them: "The goddess is here."

Cooper was unemployed and living in a tiny flat before his move to India.

He packed his bags after Indian friends told him he looked and moved just like the ancient goddess Bahucharaji, the patron of Indian eunuchs.

As soon as he arrived at the temple in the northern state of Gujarat three months ago he was treated as a deity.

"All my life I didn't fit in," Cooper told the paper. "Now I've found my life. I plan to stay for good. I couldn't leave now."

He wears a holy saffron robe and lives among 80 eunuchs.

One pilgrim said she had travelled for days to be blessed by him. "My sister-in-law came here and she got pregnant immediately," she said.

Cooper added: "They revere me and believe I am a goddess. I feel what they feel in me. When I touch people I connect with them."

More bizarre going ons and it's not even April 1st yet.

Tooting Man Worshipped As Goddess
    Updated: 13:02, Friday March 30, 2007

I thought this was gonna be about some tranny with excessive gas.

I'm gonna go with:

Dude pleads temporary insanity (due to being so monumentally pissed off)
    Wifey is an accessory to murder

No insanity plea involved.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This sounds like the recent case where the guy
    shot the kid who was a student of his wife, because
    she was having an affair with him. He shot the kid in a truck
    in front of his house. But, the husband has been charged
    with 1st degree murder, and I don't know of any charges against
    the wife for statuatory ...

This sounds like the recent case where the guy
    shot the kid who was a student of his wife, because
    she was having an affair with him. He shot the kid in a truck
    in front of his house. But, the husband has been charged
    with 1st degree murder, and I don't know of any charges against
    the wife for statuatory ...

Different story

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    is the wife going to jail for sodomy? It is Texas.

Wife's going to jail for Manslaughter

She claimed rape!

It's an old James Cain plot!

She cries "rape!" he kills the guy.

Turns out no rape, but hubby is cleared
    (somewhat suspect but this IS Texas) and
    wife is charged with manslaughter for sic-ing
    hubby on the lover ...

DING!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Wife's going to jail for Manslaughter

Aha!

Years spent watching columbo have put me in good shape for this kind of thing.

Wifey saw husband, panicked due to the compromising situation, cried rape and the husband instinctively shot at the guy he thought was raping his loved one. Therefore mitigating circumstances taken into account for the guy but she's in shit for creating the whole situation?

Edit: Fuck, beaten again. Should have spent less time congratulating myself and more time answering the question

She claimed rape!

It's an old James Cain plot!

She cries "rape!" he kills the guy.

Turns out no rape, but hubby is cleared
    (somewhat suspect but this IS Texas) and
    wife is charged with manslaughter for sic-ing
    hubby on the lover ...

DING!!

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just beat Jr.....PM me your address.

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just beat Jr.....PM me your address.

You should just keep it on file

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    it wasn't too hard to cheat on this one...

J.O.E.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

C'mon dude, it's only crazy because it's MJ......if we were talking about 50 foot wide[/b] Penn & Teller robots no one would even bat an eyelash.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

J.O.E.

i don't know what that means but i wasn't calling anybody out. i didn't even realize somebody got the answer until after i posted.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    On a related "crazy-ass Texas" note.

Via email from NRA
    On Tuesday, March 27, Governor Rick Perry (R) signed Senate Bill 378, NRA-supported ???Castle Doctrine??? legislation. Governor Perry???s signature made Texas the first state to adopt ???Castle Doctrine??? legislation in 2007! SB 378 will protect individuals who use force to defend themselves in their home, car and their place of business or employment, from criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits. It also states that you have no ???duty to retreat??? from an attack if you are in a place where you have a right to be, if you did not provoke your attacker, and if you are not engaged in criminal activity yourself.

On a related "crazy-ass Texas" note.

Via email from NRA
    On Tuesday, March 27, Governor Rick Perry (R) signed Senate Bill 378, NRA-supported ???Castle Doctrine??? legislation. Governor Perry???s signature made Texas the first state to adopt ???Castle Doctrine??? legislation in 2007![/b] SB 378 will protect individuals who use force to defend themselves in their home, car and their place of business or employment, from criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits. It also states that you have no ???duty to retreat??? from an attack if you are in a place where you have a right to be, if you did not provoke your attacker, and if you are not engaged in criminal activity yourself.

This is typical media BS....there are 15 other states with this or very similar laws on the books......hating on Tejas is in vogue.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Figure that shit out!!!!

(I'll send an LP to the first Non-Texan with the correct answer)

hubby had a higher priced lawyer

SEND ME MY LP!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    oh, i lost. how about a mariah carey 45 or something?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

This is typical media BS....there are 15 other states with this or very similar laws on the books......hating on Tejas is in vogue.

Yeah, kinda. It is the home that our fearless leader reps, and he's at an all-time low in the ratings. Extremely low.

Biblically low.

But you Texans don't really claim him as one of your own, do you?

Yeah, kinda. It is the home that our fearless leader reps, and he's at an all-time low in the ratings. Extremely low.

Biblically low.

Yeah....we all have GWB tatoos....it's mandatory

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Biblically low.

Yeah....we all have GWB tatoos....it's mandatory

I KNEW IT!!!! *shakes fist in the general direction of Texas*