Dean: taking no shorts

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Over the past week, Dean described Republicans as "pretty much a white, Christian party" and said many in the GOP "never made an honest living." http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/11/dean.attacks.ap/index.html

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I love it how people are saying "well it's basically true but he shouldn't have said it"! Bush can lie like a rug and no one calls him on it, but Dean says something true and everyone freaks!

A spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee said Dean would rather sling mud than discuss serious matters.

"Dean's inflammatory rhetoric makes it clear that Democrats have no vision and would rather pander to the maniacal fringe than talk about the important issues facing our country," Tracey Schmitt said.

HA HA HA!!!!! Yea, the rebublicans never pander to the maniacal fringe! What a bunch of pompus a**holes. Plus, that maniacal finge is the 50 fucking percent of America that didn't vote for Bush. Plus, some of the people who did vote for Bush are now sick of Americans dieing in Iraq while Bush continues to lie to us.

Gee like the miniacal finge who think that pollution has nothing to do with global warming? The maniacal finge who released the name of an FBI agent to get back at her political husband??????? The miniacal fringe who's leader can't even speak English!!!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I love it how people are saying "well it's basically true but he shouldn't have said it"! Bush can lie like a rug and no one calls him on it, but Dean says something true and everyone freaks!

I agree, but there's something that Democrats are not discussing. If we want to enlighten those republicans, democrats cannot simply call them moronic and refuse to accept assent on any of their statements. At the same time, much of the Republican/rightwing christian conservative policy is simply illogical and democrats cannot and should not engage in any kind of discourse with them whatsoever. To have an intelligent conversation with those who are pro intelligent design or anti global warming simply gives legitimacy to their stances. And so we can't do that, but at the same time democrats must respect the fact that even Republicans have a right to believe what they believe without being labled a moron or a liar. Its a tricky thing and I think the Dems are handling it wrong.

I agree, but there's something that Democrats are not discussing. If we want to enlighten those republicans, democrats cannot simply call them moronic and refuse to accept assent on any of their statements. At the same time, much of the Republican/rightwing christian conservative policy is simply illogical and democrats cannot and should not engage in any kind of discourse with them whatsoever. To have an intelligent conversation with those who are pro intelligent design or anti global warming simply gives legitimacy to their stances. And so we can't do that, but at the same time democrats must respect the fact that even Republicans have a right to believe what they believe without being labled a moron or a liar. Its a tricky thing and I think the Dems are handling it wrong.

You right for sure, I just like to talk trash. Plus, I'm just as quick to bash the Democrats as well. After all their the ones that bent over when the Reb started screwing America. That scene at the begining of Farenheight 9/11 in congress really made me lose all respect for the Dem (what little I had). They voted for the war, they turned a blind eye with all that don't knock the troops or the pres BS.

I understand your point about respecting peoples opinions but the Reb have no respect for anyones opinions. So I say to them as Will Ferrell once said "You suck on it and suck on it hard!!!!!"

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

You right for sure, I just like to talk trash. Plus, I'm just as quick to bash the Democrats as well. After all their the ones that bent over when the Reb started screwing America. That scene at the begining of Farenheight 9/11 in congress really made me lose all respect for the Dem (what little I had). They voted for the war, they turned a blind eye with all that don't knock the troops or the pres BS.

I understand your point about respecting peoples opinions but the Reb have no respect for anyones opinions. So I say to them as Will Ferrell once said "You suck on it and suck on it hard!!!!!"

too tru, but Im not talking about the Frists or the idiots who write those books bashing Hillary Clinton, Im talkin about George and Martha Beercan, if you will. They're just lost right now, and if we call them idiots for voting republican, well what do you think they'll do next time?
    As triple H says, Delay can suck it. (is that what he says, more dems should watch wrestling if they want to understand why they're loosing the American people.)

too tru, but Im not talking about the Frists or the idiots who write those books bashing Hillary Clinton, Im talkin about George and Martha Beercan, if you will. They're just lost right now, and if we call them idiots for voting republican, well what do you think they'll do next time?
    As triple H says, Delay can suck it. (is that what he says, more dems should watch wrestling if they want to understand why they're loosing the American people.)

Beercan!!!! Thanks good. Got a double take out of me for shure! There is already serious talk that Hillary is the candidate to beat for the Dem run for the white house. As Busta said "Oh my god yes, oh my god!"

The scarey thing is the Mr and Mrs Beercan don't seem to respond to serious talk. They responed to "those gays are going to get maried and let Ossama hide under your bed".

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts

I smell Republicans Beeyotch[/b]

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts

The Block is Hot !!![/b]