late pass GOOD GOD melted my face & saved my soul

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Reasons why e-digging sucks, part 8: you can't learn what other people don't know already.

false.

I hunger to learn that which Reynaldo does not know.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    It's pretty good but not consistently amazing enough to be absolutely essential, in my honest and level-headed opinion. C+/B-

But you are a Godless man.

I challenge Reynaldo to post the tracklist of the superior gospel funk comp that he is no doubt capable of assembling.
    I need not post any such tracklist; if superior gospel funk tracks exist, know that they would be on my list.

"If"?

So it's doubtful whether or not superior gospel tracks actually exist?

Following from which, an album consisting of 17 of what may, in fact, be the 17 best gospel tracks merely rates a C+?

I guess gospel is just not a good genre.
    I'm talking about gospel funk specifically, not non-funk(y) gospel, traditional gospel, soul gospel, or gospel soul.

So let's see if I have this straight. The comp is a C+ and is not consistently amazing to be absolutely essential. Yet when asked to post a superior track list, you are unable or unwilling to. This is a pretty weak argument.

We've given you an opportunity to show it up, so do it. If not, stop hating for the sake of hating. If you could do better, then please, by all means, post it up. I know there are 18 more tracks out there, the question is, do you?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I know there are 18 more tracks out there...
    Do you? Post 'em up; if they are indeed better, they're on my list.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

You'll have to wait for the sequel, dropping later this year. Perhaps we'll get into that elusive mid-B territory we've been dreaming about.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    they're on my list.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

You'll have to wait for the sequel, dropping later this year. Perhaps we'll get into that elusive mid-B territory we've been dreaming about.
    Okay. I take back every potentially negative thing I've said about the comp.

But I will say that I like Boscoe more.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

is a pretty sweet comp, too. dim the lights type of sweet.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    There's another comp titled "Good God" (actually called 'Good God! Heavy Funk Covers Of James Brown 1968-1974) dropping this week. Just got an advanced copy and its pretty

Here's the track listing (shame about the title though):

1. El Klan - 'Cold Sweat' -
    2. Dillard Crume & The Soul Rockers - 'Mother Popcorn' -
    3. St. Vincent's Latinaires - 'Hot Pants I'm Comin' -
    4. The Dave Pike Set - 'I Got The Feelin' -
    5. Toni Tornado - 'Soul Negro' -
    6. Doublass High School Stage Band 1970 - 'My Thing / I Made A Mistake Medley'
    7. Lil' Tiger - 'Do It (Give It Up / My Thing Medley)' -
    8. The Philosophers - 'Mama's Orgy (Cold Sweat)' -
    9. Waltel Branco - 'Tema De Zorra (Popcorn With A Feeling)'
    10. East Of Underground - 'Popcorn' -
    11. Six Pack - 'There Was A Time' -
    12. Willie Dickson & The Playboys - 'Lickin' Stick' -
    13. Som Livre House Band - 'Papa Don't Take No Mess' -
    14. Skorpyons Of Jamaica - 'Think (About It)' -
    15. El Combo Xingu - 'Hot Pants' -
    16. Tihomir Pop Asanovic - 'Hot Pants Road'

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'd like to see the proper licensing on that. I highly doubt it's legit, but if so, that'd be a hell of a job. Who's dropping it?

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I'd like to see the proper licensing on that. I highly doubt it's legit, but if so, that'd be a hell of a job. Who's dropping it?

Guerilla Funk Recordings. Sounds real legit to me

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Guerilla Funk Recordings. Sounds real legit to me

Oh, Jesus.

I wonder if they mentioned SoulStrut or SLSK in the liner notes, because it sounds like a job for RealHeadz. Credit where credit is due, and the like.