edited March 2007 in Strut Central
or ???

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    More doo doo than fire.

Bring back Magoo!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Bring back Magoo!

They did put out some heat together though.

Oh, I'm listening to BBC 1 and Westwood just said that "Bounce" is a "Classic". DUDE, it's not even out yet!

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Starts out good (Bounce, that track with 50), but I can't stand the second half of the album. That Fall Out Boy track is just plain terrible.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    That Fall Out Boy track is just plain terrible.

Boy, what a shock.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    That Fall Out Boy track is just plain terrible.

Boy, what a shock.

Of course my expectations weren't exactly high, but still this has to be the low point of the album for me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i'm finding it kinda poo-poo.
    the first 5 or so songs are decent, but they sound like re-hashes of the My Love and Sexy Back formula. and there are a couple other ok songs later in the thing. but the emo shit cockrock music at the end is

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that nina simone flip is straight corny and the track with 50 is one of the most blatantly ghostwritten songs ive heard since that monche/diddy track

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    to my ears. What's with the 80's fetish? I think he's got too many yes-men in his camp. And who the hell wrote some of these lyrics?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    And who the hell wrote some of these lyrics?
    i hope you weren't anticipating anything great as far as lyrics go

• link? i'm curious

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    His new "I'm the shit" attitude isn't the best look either. Well...maybe it's not so new, but it just makes him sound like a complete ego maniac and very un-likable dude, something about a producer getting on a record and bragging about how many hits he has is NAGL. I still don't understand why he wants to be in the spotlight when he makes stacks of green behind the boards.

And yeah Yes-men probably have somehting to do with this

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont really mind the shit talking. i find it kind of funny. three 6 mafia shouting out "ACADEMY AWARD WINNING PRODUCERS" at the beginning of every track now is fucking great. from what i heard of the album so far, dude is just trying to make part 2 of the timberlake album and kinda failing at it

True, I wasn't expecting pure genius, but this shit sounds like it was written by an 8 year old. And not a particularly bright one at that. Why go to all that effort to make an album and pay no attention to the lyrics?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

True, I wasn't expecting pure genius, but this shit sounds like it was written by an 8 year old. And not a particularly bright one at that. Why go to all that effort to make an album and pay no attention to the lyrics?

If there were a graemlin of Dante Ross in his full Storchavellian White Rapper Show garb saying, "Lyrics don't matter," I'd post it here.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    timbaland has made several albums that have had horrible lyrics and sold well along with any of his guest spots that also have horrible lyrics. i don't see why he would decide to get lyrically lyrical on us all of a sudden when he's already selling well and more than likely doesn't want to/cant

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

I can't believe people are listening to a Timbaland record and thinking about the vocals.
    It is and always will be about the beats.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what about mr. mosley's dreamy voice?

I can't believe people are listening to a Timbaland record and thinking about the vocals.
    It is and always will be about the beats.

You're right. But I don't think the beats on this album are enough to distract anyone from noticing how utterly shit these vocals are. I guess the average music buyer will answer that qestion.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I listened to it yesterday and am finding it very hard to recall a single track, the whole thing felt washed out and dull and most of the beats were straight

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    lets just go back ten years, and chill out:

prob the best timbo beat ever.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    whats funny my dude is i just signed Maganoo, for ten bucks and he says that he's mad at you.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    timbaland solo records/records with magoo have always been trash on the whole. a few beats to recommend them.