LEGAL STRUT

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Small claims court... anyone have any success with this? I have a bad check and money owed with witnesses and contract in total around $1000. This motherfucker sent many emails to me saying he intends to pay then an email faking a western union number. After which I have not heard from him. Has anyone gone to court for this amount?

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    Small claims court is no guarantee you'll get your cash. Once you get a judgment in your favor collecting the money is another matter. If the guy doesn't have the money there's almost no point in trying to get it from him. Unless he owns property or a house there's also nothing to really put a lien against besides his paychecks. I have no idea how the lien process works but those emails are important evidence and a fake Western Union numbers probably amounts to fraud.

First thing I would do is send a certified letter demanding payment. Keep copies of those emails. Maybe get some confirmation from Western Union that the Western Union number he gave you was bogus.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Small claims court... anyone have any success with this? I have a bad check and money owed with witnesses and contract in total around $1000. This motherfucker sent many emails to me saying he intends to pay then an email faking a western union number. After which I have not heard from him. Has anyone gone to court for this amount?

Oof - is this that Mal#! guy? What ever happened to your "manager"?

• Small claims court... anyone have any success with this? I have a bad check and money owed with witnesses and contract in total around $1000. This motherfucker sent many emails to me saying he intends to pay then an email faking a western union number. After which I have not heard from him. Has anyone gone to court for this amount?

Oof - is this that Mal#! guy? What ever happened to your "manager"?

It all went to shit.. FUCK him I want to put a fist to dudes face