Joss Stone.....(wow)

2»

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
    oh yes, and the hilarious written rantings about Lauryn Hill (who she unsuccessfully "wooed" in an attempt to collaborate) and Lauryn's mum have caught her some flack over here too

Yeah, I get the impression a lot of people are currently judging her on the basis of her strange behaviour rather than her chops so, since nobody else is likely to say so, I'm going to get off the fence on the other side and say her album is pretty good. She may be acting like a card-carrying resident of Bizarro World at the moment, but it doesn't seem to have had a negative effect on her singing, and Raphael Saadiq's production is crisp throughout. Yeah, sure, she's not as good as [insert name of widely-lauded veteran soul diva here], but who is, anyway? Besides, given the general decline in standards overall, I'd still put her ahead of (most of) the pack. I have a feeling this kid will have a career for as long as she wants one.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    catch her off guard (read: no airbrush/photoshop), and Kelis is actually busted IMO...

Sure Kelis can take it too far with the brand new styles, like in that second pic, but I think she's attractive as all hell.

word, i saw her in person when i was canvassing a few years back. mad cute. she did not give up the loot though.

KELIS SUPPORTS BUSH!

(female )

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    April 1987: Joss Stone is born

January 1988: Tony! Toni! Tone! drops their first album

...and you know IT FEELS GOOD! YEAH![/b]

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I haven't seen the inner sleeve type cover art yet, but rumours have it that her and mr saddiq are draped round each other, naked, in the vein of John and Yoko.

A promo copy just crossed my desk - the rumors are true (and yes, they apparently got the same tat artist as Kelis).

• I haven't seen the inner sleeve type cover art yet, but rumours have it that her and mr saddiq are draped round each other, naked, in the vein of John and Yoko.

those who have seen it suggest

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    *coo-coo*

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude is funny style.

hot music though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    catch her off guard (read: no airbrush/photoshop), and Kelis is actually busted IMO...

I do not think you know what you are talking about, Chad.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I haven't seen the inner sleeve type cover art yet, but rumours have it that her and mr saddiq are draped round each other, naked, in the vein of John and Yoko.

those who have seen it suggest

What planet do these people live on if they don't think this cover is going to haunt them sooner, rather than later? Seriously, "love" in the entertainment industry is about as solid as sand.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

What planet do these people live on if they don't think this cover is going to haunt them sooner, rather than later? Seriously, "love" in the entertainment industry is about as solid as sand.

IMG SRC=http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8816/ohmyer1.gif>

• me and her would never happen anyway as she's hugely famous and i'm a nobody...

I would like to see a little more of this type of thinking--i.e., acceptance of nobody status--around SoulStrut.

HAHA!!! ROTFLMAO!!! i don't know how i missed this...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

I do not think you know what you are talking about, Chad.

suriously.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    catch her off guard (read: no airbrush/photoshop[/b] ), and Kelis is actually busted IMO...

and as for the shot of her from the rear...well, I know a lot of chicks that look blappable from the rear. whatever; this is a matter of opinion i guess.

blaps for raps.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    and as for the shot of her from the rear...well, I know a lot of chicks that look blappable from the rear.

IBFTR also known as "Increased Blappability From The Rear" is a known fact. It's a good and a bad thing at the same time.