Donovan track with a break?

RonanRonan 86 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i know i heard a donovan track before with a cool break. anyone know what i'm talkin about?

Comments

• Is it "Trudi" from the album Barabajagal?

SONIC

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    why do you have to rub your knowledge in everyones face??

• there's some heavy drums on 'get thy bearings' from his' hurdy gurdy man' LP. theyre not open or anything but its a great song. anyone got his'HMS Donovan' LP with the awesome /creepy painting on the gatefold??

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Can I say this one?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Can I say this one?

they lost their hosting.. be prepared for a rough weekend.

• jonthedjjonthedj 30 Posts
    Can I say this one?

Funny how you put it down yet your always posting on there.

And FYI that Donovan record is easily findable on 45 for $3 or less.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Is it "Trudi" from the album Barabajagal?

SONIC

yeah thats the only donovan lp with a break i know of, right in the beginning of the song

• Donovan rules. The second side of "Open Road" has some psych burners on it.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    There's more than one Donovan break? i thought it was "Get thy Bearings"?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    'Get thy bearings' is thye Donavon track everyone seems to know since Paul Nice used it on breaks 4 days, but Turdi is the only Donavon cut I know with open drums - and it is on a nice little 45.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Turdi

Is that French or something?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Turdi

Is that French or something?

Actually, it's an adjective used to describe much of the wizard-rockery that is Donovan's catalog. It's from the spelling conventions of the Supreme Mathematics.

Do the knowledge before you step into the cipher, God.

Seven and a crescent, suckas.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Can I say this one?

hey jon, thanks for pointing that out.

but if you were posting here post-2003 board crash, i've always regulated on braeks-related posts.. sorry to burst your bubble.

but that doesn't mean i can't get down with break posts in their 'proper' setting.. or even have a website/magazine with a strong emphasis on digging/breaks.

but seriously, when some newbie asks about some non raer psych pop jawn with a crappy drum break, they're just asking for it..

but hey, call 'em how you see 'em holmes..

• RonanRonan 86 Posts
    Can I say this one?

hey jon, thanks for pointing that out.

but if you were posting here post-2003 board crash, i've always regulated on braeks-related posts.. sorry to burst your bubble.

but that doesn't mean i can't get down with break posts in their 'proper' setting.. or even have a website/magazine with a strong emphasis on digging/breaks.

but seriously, when some newbie asks about some non raer psych pop jawn with a crappy drum break, they're just asking for it..

Oh I was askin for it all right, forgive me for askin about a record thats not raer. It wont happen again. Thanks for tellin me that Donovan is psych pop jawn too. Where would we all end up without condescending snobby pricks to regulate the newbies?? doesn't bear thinkin about does it?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Where would we all end up without condescending snobby pricks to regulate the newbies?? doesn't bear thinkin about does it?

And the answer is: THE BREAKS!

• RonanRonan 86 Posts
    THE BREAKS!

still down i'm afraid. Trew might need some assistant regulators for a few days.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    edit

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Oh I was askin for it all right, forgive me for askin about a record thats not raer. It wont happen again.

lol. good let's keep it that way..

Thanks for tellin me that Donovan is psych pop jawn too. Where would we all end up without condescending snobby pricks to regulate the newbies?? doesn't bear thinkin about does it?

haha.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    heres a medium sized donovan psych heater for all ya (not the bearings track)

(and sorry for the spelling)

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    heres a medium sized donovan psych heater for all ya (not the bearings track):

where the hell did the ghey graemlin go please?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    where the hell did the ghey graemlin go please?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    1. Some dude comes here with preconceived notion/self fulfilling prophesy that everyone here's a "record snob/elitist" (which is hilarious)
    2. Asks a silly question
    3. Get lightly cracked on BUT ALSO GETS THE ANSWER (which the-breaks doesn't have in most instances)
    4. Dude gets pissed, calls everybody elitist assholes & leaves
    5. Go back to step 1, repeat ad nauseum

IMG SRC=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5397/quoelitecs2.gif>

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    heres a medium sized donovan psych heater for all ya (not the bearings track):

thanks.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I beleive this may require the rarely used "Unicorn Folk" graemlin.

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts
    i know i heard a donovan track before with a cool break. anyone know what i'm talkin about?

clara clairvoyant panned?