I just had dinner with Fonce & Larry Mizell...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
... and Kenny Dope, Giles Peterson, Spinna, Jazzy Jeff, Danny Krivit, Madlib, Wajeed, PB Wolf, Vikter Duplaix, Egon, Tom Silverman, DJ Mehdi. Jesus my head is spinning and I need to lay down. I made a list of everyone who was there, and I'll tell you later.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You're fuckin' awesome dude.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    omg i came

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    what kind of tip did you guys leave?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Most incredible thing I've ever been to in my life. Ben Watt and Tracey Thorne were there. Holy fucking shit I'm shellshocked. The dude Supreme was there early also the homie Lumin from the board.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dudes, FONCE & LARRY!!!!!!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    That has to be the most awesome dinner of this century.

Important questions that need answers:

Who had the best/worst table manners?

Who smelt the nicest?

Is Winkler's hair his own?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Everyone was super fucking chill. It was the most laid back and at the same time overwhelming thing I have ever done in my life. It was in the back of the Delano here in Miami. I feel like I want to run a marathon and also pass out.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Exactly what was the occasion?

Before you go any further, we should know what was what, now...I'm sure it ain't like all these heavy people all happened to be at White Castle simultaneously...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

HA.. Playin'

But seriously... Any pics? I can't imagine in my head all these dudes chillin' eatin together.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Maurice Berstein who owns Giant Step decided that, for this year at the conference, he wanted to have an intimate dinner with about 30 people to just pow-wow and get down, have a dinner, instead of some shit at a club where it's loud and there's tons of people and you can't really rap. As the invitations says,

Food and Drink Will Be Served On The Veranda. Join Us To Show Our Appreciation For Their Outstanding Contribution To The Music We Love.

You Are Invited Because You Matter To The Music We Share

I'm kind of beside myself right now. I don't have anyone that I can share this with, my girl and my mom aren't answering their phones. Ayres and Eleven (who were both there as well) are sleeping. I'm just saying, you know, not being boastful, but like, in awe maybe.

Jazzanova were there. Bunch of other dudes. Shit. Eleven made a list.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    --------------------------MAD JEALOUS!

(and happy for you, of course )

• sounds awesome - and a tribute to what you guys do as well,

it doesn't really need to be said, but I'll say it anyway - stay on target !!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Delano here in Miami.

oh schitt! I, too, once dined with like half those folls at that very same fucking place! It was Spinna, Jazzy Jeff, Vikter Duplaix, Madlib and some others. WMC 2002? no Mizells though! damn....Delano is DOPE. Enjoy WMC cos.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    No camera, I left it home like a dumbass. I only had my cameraphone, and I only copped one jawn

• freshest dinner party ever! props on being included on that lineup dude.

• Dude, that's a dinner party right thurr. excellent looking.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ... and Kenny Dope, Giles Peterson, Spinna, Jazzy Jeff, Danny Krivit, Madlib, Wajeed, PB Wolf, Vikter Duplaix, Egon, Tom Silverman, DJ Mehdi. Jesus my head is spinning and I need to lay down. I made a list of everyone who was there, and I'll tell you later.

i was supposed to go, on strength of my musical appreciation and bedroom djing sessions, but i had to do laundry and finish a choose your own adventure book i was reading.

sike, that sounds like some inner sanctum, "welcome home cosmo, youve finally arrived" type bizness. you are the man and i know your presence there was appreciated just like you giving props to the Mizells. "you mean THE cosmoblack from philly was there???????"

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    wow.

that's fucking incredible.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Who had the best weekday finds? Real headz want to know.

Seriously, it sounds like an incredible affair. Humbling, and very awesome. I think this is what heaven must be like.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    No camera, I left it home like a dumbass. I only had my cameraphone, and I only copped one jawn

Who dat?[/b]

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Danny Krivit...where'd he get the Deodato shirt?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

congrats dude... RWMs for dayz

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Danny Krivit...where'd he get the Deodato shirt?

718 Sessions, his Sunday party.

I'm proud of you dude, moving on up.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Dude, that's a sausage party right thurr. excellent looking.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Wow. What did everyone eat? What did everyone say? Does Peanut Butter still eat hella slow? Just, wow.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yeah, CMoB, nobody is fucking with that, ever. Wow!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Last night i had dinner in a local greasy spoon,

It was me:

some schitzo old guy with soup in his beard
    3 english tourists drinking pints and laughing too loud
    a german couple who argued and the woman got up and left
    a turkish guy who ice grilled me the whole meal and only drank coffee

You dinner was better.

• imagine deejaying that dinner party?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    wow.

that's fucking incredible.

Dude - that guest list was so amazing that I thought this was a hypothetical or a joke! I can't even believe this really happened.
    You need to itemise every single thing that happened.

You owe us that just for having been there!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Who dat?[/b]

Ask Krivit if he's ever been star struck and hope he goes into the story.