Friday night, what are you folls doing?

2»

Comments

• I got a chance to flip my little re-work of "Midas Touch"...how dope is it that they put the acappella on the 12?

whaaaaaaaaaa? you didn't tell me you play Midnight Star. i didn't like you before, but that's all about to change.

did you or would you play Mac Band? how about Junior?
    no pressure.

Dang I thought you knew I had that Midnight Star 12" game on lock! Man I really loved them as a kid, "operator" was on some crazy shit back then...plus their ballads are dope too. Goes nice with some Collage and Debarge joints, eh?

I been playing Junior's "Too Late" off and on recently...although I love Mama Used To Say to death, this one's a little more subtle. MAc Band...don't think I own any? You can school me on that sometime.

Now I must go decide which Young Lay I'm gonna play tonight...I'll have to rock it extra loud to drown out the MAc Dre requests

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    . MAc Band...don't think I own any?

roses are red
    violets are bluuuuueeeee.....baby

and if there's anything i'm certain of
    it's i love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

(no ayo)

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts

roses are red
    violets are bluuuuueeeee.....baby

and if there's anything i'm certain of
    it's i love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

(no ayo)

hell yes. that's the one. i'm gonan play that tonight for all the 21-and-a-half year old know-nots at Milk.... hella loud to drown out the requests for reggaeton.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    donny hathaway "live".

that's where I'm at

had a nice night djing up @ Nickies

Saw deepstank dj at Savales in BK... Insanity was dropped! fuck, it's 7:00am and i said i'd help him move tomorrow. fuck. rossdogg, sorry i didnt make it to your jount, incase you're reading

one bent delay.

Don't lie Delay, you were in the Lucky Cat doing the Macarena! Twas daylight when you finally got tired.

We had some funny/sad/skeery baseball bat action earlier on. Some dude had clearly been smacked over the head with heavy object, but problem was drunken fool didn't know who did it to him. So he was patrolling outside Trash and the Cat looking for people to bash. Who steps in to handle shit? My girl (5'2" in flip-flops)... dude ends up handing her the bat and walking away before the cops come. Chicana chicks just ain't scared of the Rican macho shit, I think she coulda made him cry if she wanted.

I did almost feel for the guy - nothing worse than being drunk and wronged.

My head's also a bit sore today.

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts

but since this thread is about friday night, we should mention good ole Johnny Kemp...

what happened to you, Johnny?

• raging bull is the shite!

Dudes... this shit was INTENSE. One of the best movies I've ever seen. DeNiro is nothing short of incredible. Should I even bother with Cinderella Man now?

Robocop was also kinda deece. Make no mistake about it.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    yeah what's "the jump-off" in your respected pleasure domes/mind gardends?

pretty lame Friday:
    5:00 hit a record store
    6:00 hit the bong and drank too much at a friends place close to said record store
    10:30 left friends place got a taco on the way home
    11:45 passed out while watching Romero's The Crazies, I had to work on Saturday

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

but since this thread is about friday night, we should mention good ole Johnny Kemp...

what happened to you, Johnny?

WOAH! Johnny Kemp?!?! dam...That name rings some bells. Man, I woudn't be mad at having a Joe Public "live and learn" 12'' and Portrait's "here we go again" one as well.

P.S. I finally found a 12'' of Surface. I never had that record.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Portrait's "here we go again"

Got this on 7"

What up batches! Down here in La La Land, chillin with my girl's peoples. Her friend lives in Hollywood, its kind of a trip. Hadn't been here since I was a kid, saw random famous people today. Chris Cooper just chillin on the street, I was kinda starstruck.

I know ya'lls are gonna keel it tonight at that Extra Classic. You know I would be there cheerleadin'! Drink a Stella for me.