I HATE HUCKABEES! (Actor/Director Meltdown YTR)

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Lily Tomlin & David O. Russell going buckwild on the set of I HEART HUCKABEES. I wanna see this movie now!

Lily Tomlin fights with David O. Russell[/b]Uploaded by omgfrank

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    ha well the one thing I have learned in LA is that Actresses are batshit crazy. haven't met one that was close to being sane.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This is actually a really awesome movie.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    This is actually a really awesome movie.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i didnt like this film

i didnt like this film

It's possible you have bad taste. You might wanna look into that.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i didnt like this film

It's possible you have bad taste.
    doubtful

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    whoever leaked this is gonna get hung pretty fast.

imagine what woulda happend if casting went with britney instead of naomi.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Dustin Hoffman and Marky Mark were great in this. Hopefully it's still up when i get home from work. That and the cooking show.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    whoever leaked this is gonna get hung pretty fast.

imagine what woulda happend if casting went with britney instead of naomi.

Apparently, Russell's people have been trying to get it yanked for a few weeks. It keeps getting pulled, then reposted, and so on and so on.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    i didnt like this film

It's possible you have bad taste. You might wanna look into that.

Thanks for making me spit out my coffee

I love this movie and I honestly think Mark Wahlberg is one of the best actors of his time. Part of it is talent and part of it is how unexpected it was after Good Vibrations!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    david o. russell is insane. the poor woman in the corner caught hit with some manila folders

i didn't like this movie. thought it was cutesy faux-deep, annoying and i couldn't finish it. but a lot of indie comedy characters annoy me anyway.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    a lot of indie comedy characters annoy me anyway.

what doesn't annoy you?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    i didnt like this film

It's possible you have lil dude disney rapz ala faur rillz taste. You might wanna look into that.

what doesn't annoy you?

sabadada, your breast looks small.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    david o. russell is insane. the poor woman in the corner caught hit with some manila folders

i didn't like this movie. thought it was cutesy faux-deep, annoying and i couldn't finish it. but a lot of indie comedy characters annoy me anyway.

It was almost as bad as Waking Life but not quite.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

what doesn't annoy you?

sabadada, your breast looks small.

on the contrary, SEXY MAN, SEXY MAN...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I've heard David O. Russell is pretty difficult to work with. Didn't George Clooney almost knock him out on the set of Three Kings?

I'm putting this film at the top of my queue!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I find these segments more entertaining than most of the actual film.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I find these segments more entertaining than most of the actual film.

the film was entertaining, in that kinda gas huffing/stroking yourself sense. definity left feeling like nothing actually happend.

marky marky killed it though

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'faux-deep' sounds about right. it thought it was much more cleverfresh than it actually was

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I've heard David O. Russell is pretty difficult to work with. Didn't George Clooney almost knock him out on the set of Three Kings?

I'm putting this film at the top of my queue!

Yeah I guess Russell flipped on an extra and Clooney told him to chill out. A few words were exchanged and Clooney cracked him upside the head.

I'll bet most of you watch "arty" foreign movies and think you're pretty special, huh?

Huckabees is a genuinely funny and interesting movie. When I saw the ads for it when it came out I was like "I will not touch that pretentious looking young people movie with a 50 foot hose"... but, for some reason the girlfriend netflixed it and I was quite pleasantly surprised. Marky Mark is genius in it. He's a very good actor... I wish he'd get more good movies to be in.

• david o. russell is insane. the poor woman in the corner caught hit with some manila folders

I agree. The comedy in this was way too predictable. I know I didn't finish watching it.

I'll bet most of you watch "arty" foreign movies and think you're pretty special, huh?

the french dubbed version of The Jerk is far superior than the original. no i just like simpler movies that aren't over stylized with zany unrealistic characters i guess.

Marky Mark is genius in it. He's a very good actor... I wish he'd get more good movies to be in.

marky mark is in like 4 movies right now and he got an oscar nomination for best supporting actor this year.

i like marky mark in a lot of roles and think he's a good actor too, but one good performance isn't enough to carry a movie for me. i can appreciate what the movie tried to do, but i found the characters one dimensional, corny and just couldn't relate to them which was distracting for me. there are movies that touch on this kind of thinking and has characters who have similar idiosyncracies that come off more convincing and real, like that movie Slacker for example. every other character in that movie reminded me of someone from college

the french dubbed version of The Jerk is far superior than the original. no i just like simpler movies that aren't over stylized with zany unrealistic characters i guess.

Marky Mark is genius in it. He's a very good actor... I wish he'd get more good movies to be in.

marky mark is in like 4 movies right now and he got an oscar nomination for best supporting actor this year.

i like marky mark in a lot of roles and think he's a good actor too, but one good performance isn't enough to carry a movie for me. i can appreciate what the movie tried to do, but i found the characters one dimensional, corny and just couldn't relate to them which was distracting for me. there are movies that touch on this kind of thinking and has characters who have similar idiosyncracies that come off more convincing and real, like that movie Slacker for example.

ARE WE BEEFING YET??

I did't like Slacker.

I would be more up to date on Marky Mark, but I don't really leave the apartment much or see sunlight. Any recommendation?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    WOOWWWWW!!! where did those clips come from?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    If you are a Marky Mark fan prepare to lose interest real quick as that terd Shooter hits theaters this week.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    If you are a Marky Mark fan prepare to lose interest real quick as that terd Shooter hits theaters this week.

OH word? It's not even a good popcorn flick?

I would be more up to date on Marky Mark

haha, such a weird quote coming from hcrink. i remember you teased me for liking George Clooney in Out of Sight once and he turned out to be a good director. i honestly don't think Mark Wahlberg has been in any movies recently that you would be into. He's in one with Danny Glover where he plays an assassin right now and i don't think you'd like The Departed.

have you seen Three Kings? that's a David O. Russell flick and i remember liking that when it came out.

he's also been in some bad movies. Rock Star was on VH-1 recently and that was laughably bad.