BIZARRE FOODS (grub related)

2»

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    this one time when i was younger my hommie scooter farted in my face while my mouth was open.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    this one time when i was younger my hommie scooter farted in my face while my mouth was open.

you had a friend named scooter?! awesome!

btw, how did it taste?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

you had a friend named scooter?! awesome!

btw, how did it taste?

id rather eat a million cockroach weiners.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    perhaps not the brightest idea but I had chicken sashimi.

dude don't do that again. that can't be safe (or good).

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Many years ago when I was young and innocent I got given some giraffe meat to eat. To this day I don't know where it came from but I can only hope that it wasn't poacher bounty.

All I can remember was that it was extremely chewy and pretty tasteless.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Paging Fejmelba...

dude knows food.

outstanding calf brains on toast. with a poached quail egg off course.
    f*ck brits beans on toast.

lamb testikels are a feast for the eye ( n feestje in je mond en iedereen mag komen) and a pleasure in the mouth.

cows stomach aka (thrife ?) pens. if dogs eat it why dont we ? leave this white sponge like meat in lemon juice overnight to bleech cook in court bouillon until tender and serve with tomato sauce. ( lotta chinese throw this in your fu yong hai ).

we all know the cheeck of the trout is the best part. suck out the eyes and head and never go back.

dont forget the lovely boudin noir aka black pudding or bloedworst.pan-frie slices of this cooked blood sausage till its warmed tru and throw in some chuncks of appel ( granny smiths ) a shot of the best belgium tripple ya can get your hands on and a sprig of lemon-thyme.

the thymus:
    soak in brine while listening to organ donor by lefties soul connection about 3 times. rinse well and dry careful. season and dust with flour. pan frie slowly both sides till golden brown stick in oven at 220 dgr. C. for 8min.
    leave to rest for 2 min and serve with a porcini rissoto and a sauce of calvados.

[graemlin] bon appetite [/graemlin]

With respect, none of this stuff is "bizarre" unless your only experience with meat is at major supermarkets or chain restaurants. There is absolutely nothing bizarre about sweetbreads (thymus/pancreas); you find them pretty regularly on menus. (Also, you generally parboil and compress them before cooking). Testicles taste very much like sweetbreads and are excellent. Brains, tripe, and any offal are basic elements of peasant cuisines. There are entire regions of France known for their boudins and there are many classic preparations of tripe. All of these meats are commonplace and calling them "bizarre" only emphasises the ridiculously unhealthy relationship we have with the meat we eat. Heavens, what about chitterlings and cracklings?