y'all watch rome?

hungovermulattohungovermulatto 168 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Despite the annoying time jumps this season, it's been pretty good.

Comments

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    very good! Historical accuracy seem on point for major events. smaller events more questionable but seem to tie in well. like watching a dramatic political chess game. rivalry between Ocativan and Anthony is coming to a boil over. BUT, aside from Ocatavian, seems i'm most interested in Pullo and Vorenius.

more tits and ass this season...kind nice TBH

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yes! Love the show. It's like a soap opera with politics thrown in. Sex, back stabbing, power games, more sex, especially this season. Good stuff.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

One of my fav shows on TV for the last couple of years. I remember reading Season 2 will be the last. Sucks...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

One of my fav shows on TV for the last couple of years. I remember reading Season 2 will be the last. Sucks...

Yeah, HBO has axed a few great shows of late, with Carnivale being the most offensive, as they had just gotten to a major cliffhanger of a plot point. Canceling Deadwood was upsetting, but it kind of ran its course in the three seasons. But Rome definitely deserves another season or more, considering how crazy shit gets in Roman history after Augustus. Nero? Caligula? Sex and violence for days. That's some good TV.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I enjoyed the last episode, but on the whole I've found the writing has slipped since the first season.

• It's not historically inaccurate or gay enough.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah the writing is not as good as the last season and the plot isn't as captivating. the show has definitely gone more style than substance but i think they've done a great job at it. antony pretty much kills every scene he's in and the brawls in the last few episodes were awesome

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    I enjoyed the last episode, but on the whole I've found the writing has slipped since the first season.

Season one was more about character building

Season two is focused more on politics and the results of the shifts/frictions. To my recollections, this season is far more dramatic.

That could be where your disatisfation lies.

Personally, I find both enveloping!