who here has a moog?

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i think im about to ball out and buy a voyager real soon...not a big fan of soft synths plus im tryin to get away from using the computer other than to record what i do.who here got one and how often you using it?

Comments

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    got the minimoog model D and i use it close to never. lol. wish i could find more uses for it, but the controls are so tempermental and the notes come out of tune very easily. I've thought about selling, but my peoples won't let me do it. i guess that's a good move. haha. but, if i had the loot i would definitely get the voyager, (amongst tons of other analog gear).

hollur.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    word. ive thought about gettin the d (pause), but i dont like the tune issues and most arent midi retrofitted. im no keyboard wizard yet so i gotta one hooked up with midi in case of the need to correct a note. im such a buster, i know.

how you not goin to use it? what kind of music you makin? let me borrow that!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    The new Little Phatty Stage sounds doooope...

Respect to Moog for continuing to put out quality analog gear!

More tasty analogue pron here: http://www.analoguehaven.com/

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    let me borrow that!

borrow it?? this aint rent-a-center son.

na seriously though. i make all kinds of music and have used it in some of my projects and I hope to incorporate it moreso with my other projects. but because of the reasons described above, it tends to get overlooked when I'm looking to workup a synth line with a quickness.

anyway, good luck in finding the right synth man. that phatty stage looks ridiculous.

hollur.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    The new Little Phatty Stage sounds doooope...

Respect to Moog for continuing to put out quality analog gear!

More tasty analogue pron here: http://www.analoguehaven.com/

yoooooo i have had my eye on that too. a lot less expensive. i saw a video for it at this link: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=4205
    that thing sure can do a lot. i havent messed with one first hand but that is in the near future.

• They certainly sound amazing, however the only ones i've used have been monophonic. With that in mind i'm personally a biger fan of the Alesis Andromeda (polyphonic capabilities). I don't own one but if I could afford an analog synth that would be it. Although i think the moog products are nicer on the eyes.

http://www.alesis.com/

• Lu - cat's no i don't get behind no digital shit ***** BUT ***** I got to get behind the
    You Get polyphonic and kick ass presets for hardly any dough and the sound quality (at least in PT LE) is astonishingly close to an original moog without the pitch drift (though you can make it do that if you choose). I personally see no need to own any outboard moog style synth after fucking with this. Just a thought...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    the Mini Monsta is very very dope indeed...

but there really is something about having an analog piece of gear , more of an attachment to it as an instrument that I find can bring out inspiration that may not be there when you are just triggering sounds from a computer based sequencing program.

however if you are not balling out of control the Minimonsta is a very nice option. so is the impOscar by the same company..

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    theres just something about owning records instead of CDs...

• I've got a vintage Roland SH-2000...
    The kind Portis & AIR like to use.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    got the voyager, and hell yeah i use it a lot! its freaking amazing actually. but yeah, its monophonic like all moogz.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    good looks on the responses
    i forgot about this lil post

man i dont have a fast computer, and i think if i upgrade my pc to be able to handle these soft synths that i might as well just buy the real deal for a few hundred more.
    on the low, i did get a bootleg copy of the arturia minimoog and i use that quite a bit, hence my desire to get the physical one.
    my only problem is being able to configure my midi controller to control the different knobs. does the minimonsta allow for mapping? the arturia one doesnt. its a lil hard to play and adjust a knob with the mouse at the same time

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    I tried the little phatty pretty recently, I was very impressed with the sounds but it kept freezing up "fatal error"...maybe the store had a bad one but it might be something to look into