DJ Red Alert

djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
-the other half of my focus this week (besides chuck chillout in other thread) is Red Alert. His discogs.com was missing a few things too that I got, anyone know any other things that he produced, mixed, hosted/talked, scratched or whatever on...-ones not listed at discogs:robert s-hip hop hall of fame '90 (narrarates/host)bronx vice-needle noise w/red alert, jazzy jay, grandmaster dee, tony d, betty boo '86 (scratches)king rad/king stevo-get smart (mixed)-questions:anyone know where a good place to get a clean sample of the "red alert goes beserk" or the "yeahhhhhhhhhh". I found a couple but looking for more-also, on discogs he says he does the scratching on the "scratch me, beat me" mix of dominatrix sleeps tonite. my 12" doesn't have that, is that on something else? I have a vague memory of that track with scratching...I think...-discogs link: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Red+Alert

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    -questions:
    anyone know where a good place to get a clean sample of the "red alert goes beserk"
    or the "yeahhhhhhhhhh". I found a couple but looking for more

especially the Red AlertGoes Bazerk LP. He and his son make quick little comments in between songs.

"Yo,daddy, We can Do this" and all the rest of the phrases he made popular while he was on the Kiss Fm.

• word. Yeah, I have the goes beserk and have already used some of those. The only one I haven't checked yet is the Jungle Brothers. I'll do that tonite. thanx

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    my focus this week

discogs.com

Could you please explain your concept of a weekly focus and its relation to discogs.com?

• hmmm...yeah, I just didn't type the whole thing here because I dont want to make the threads seem like a commercial for my radio show. Anyway, I do a concept radio show called Redefinition Radio and generally I do themes. I'm currently doing a three week special on the History and Importance of Hip Hop radio. The tie in to discogs.com is that is was just an easy way to reference people to the discography of Red Alert, who along with Chuck Chillout, are the two shows that I'm spotlighting this week. I was asking if people knew of any other appearances of Red Alert besides those I listed and those on his page at discogs

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I got the LP he put out with Ultrmagnetic's 'bait' on it.

What's the word on this? Was this really released as a 7" in Japan or something? I have never seen it anywhere. Do any of you guys have this?

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    hmmm...yeah, I just didn't type the whole thing here because I dont want to make the threads seem like a commercial for my radio show. Anyway, I do a concept radio show called Redefinition Radio and generally I do themes. I'm currently doing a three week special on the History and Importance of Hip Hop radio. The tie in to discogs.com is that is was just an easy way to reference people to the discography of Red Alert, who along with Chuck Chillout, are the two shows that I'm spotlighting this week. I was asking if people knew of any other appearances of Red Alert besides those I listed and those on his page at discogs

hey kev, it's surge...nice ideas for themes, duke!

been playing your show at the store a lot lately...gonna have to drop a voice mail soon.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Thanks for the explanation. Sounds interesting.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Yo Nikoless, if you do that, have you ever had contact do DNA & DJ Hank Love ????

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I got the LP he put out with Ultrmagnetic's 'bait' on it.

What's the word on this? Was this really released as a 7" in Japan or something? I have never seen it anywhere. Do any of you guys have this?

To my understanding, when the Ultramagnetic's recordings were licensed in Japan the label that was putting them out pressed the full version of "Bait" on a 7" (Has an extra verse not heard on the Red Alert LP ! )
    Apparently you got your hands on this by sending in your receits for buying all the 12"s ! Also packaged with it was a short book containg interviews and lyrics I think.

• Yo Nikoless, if you do that, have you ever had contact do DNA & DJ Hank Love ????

Peace
    Hawkeye

I have not. Are you offering valuable information...

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I cant help ya- but i want to say that Kool DJ Red Alert is still my favorite DJ of all time!
    YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• -the other half of my focus this week (besides chuck chillout in other thread) is Red
    Alert.

His discogs.com was missing a few things too that I got, anyone know any other things that he produced, mixed, hosted/talked, scratched or whatever on...

-ones not listed at discogs:

robert s-hip hop hall of fame '90 (narrarates/host)
    bronx vice-needle noise w/red alert, jazzy jay, grandmaster dee, tony d, betty boo
    '86 (scratches)
    king rad/king stevo-get smart (mixed)

-questions:
    anyone know where a good place to get a clean sample of the "red alert goes beserk"
    or the "yeahhhhhhhhhh". I found a couple but looking for more

-also, on discogs he says he does the scratching on the "scratch me, beat me" mix
    of dominatrix sleeps tonite. my 12" doesn't have that, is that on something else?
    I have a vague memory of that track with scratching...I think...

-discogs link: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Red+Alert

i happen to have the cd single for it, and it has a "beat me" mix on it. i dont think its what youre looking for though.

• yeah, the "beat me" version is on the single and it's just a lil bonus beat. The one Im talkinga about is supposed to have red alert cutting it up. Apparently it's on the 7" I think?

thank you though...

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Re: the 'Bait' 7"...

From Alex at Labelscans...

The cover.

The label.

" Side A

1. Bait - original extended version

Side B

1. Bait - original extended version

Label: Road Runner Records Catalog Number: RRJY - 8008
    Release Year: 1997 Made in: JAPAN

Comment Author: alex-AT-labelscans-DOT-com
    This is a limited Japanese promo-only release of the original version of "Bait". Same version as on the "Red Alert Goes Bezerk" album, except this has an extra verse at the end! DAAMN, THIS IS DOPE!!! (NOTE! This is NOT that wack remix that was on the "The B-Side Companion" album a few years back!) If anyone has ever seen this extended version on an original promo/test press 12", please mail me and let me know! I wonder if Red Alert ever had a 12" to this when he record his album??? I don't think there's more than a couple of hundreds of this 7". Road Runner is a Japanese label, who owns the entire Ultramagnetic MC's catalog from the Next Plateau label. In 1997 Road Runner decided to reissue all the Ultramagnetic MC's 12" from the mid/late 80s, which was originally released by the Next Plateau records. These reissues were only available in Japan. To celebrate these reissues, Road Runner pressed up this special limited edition promo-only 7" single. The single comes with a 20 pages booklet (which is the one you see the front and backcover of). In this booklet you'll find lyrics to the Ultramagnetic MC's 12"s, and there's also a special interview with Ced-G (unfortunately in Japanese, so I don't know what it's about). The run-out groove has the "F/WRCE" signature etched on the a-side!
    Japanese 1997 pressing"

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts

I have not. Are you offering valuable information...

No Sorry, I hoped YOU could give me some infos. I'm looking for both since 2003 but cant find them.

I mean I looked for Too Tuff for almost 9 years, so I'll find them too !!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• anyone know what Red Alert JR is doing this days (his son)? I keep hearing on all this stuff this week. How old would he be know anyway...