Selling on Music Stack

BelsonBelson 880 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
This is a copy thread from VV, but I'd like as much feedback as possible.....so here y'ar -I've been looking at Music Stack as an option to sell my gubbins, and it seems to me that their screening process of accepting sellers is rather odd. ie send us a photocopy of your passport and credit card through the post (!)The 'Stack' is clearly a well used site for buyers, but what about you sellers? Is there anybody here who can offer up their experiences, particularly about the signing up (which at the minute, I think is rather fishy).Cheers.

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Given that they're so strict, I'm really surprised crazy jokers like RecSim are allowed to sell on the site.

Musicstack is supernice, though...got some good deals from various sellers through that site.

SG

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I tend to find that most music stack sellers are also on gemm.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I thought there cut was outrageous high.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    All these replies are cool, and thanks for those.

My main grievance though was the request of sending a photocopy of my passport/license and credit card through the post before they consider your application.

I already sell on GEMM and have had a real nice, comfortable business relationship with them thusfar. I just wanted to branch out my inventory, and I'm having difficulty getting my head around these pretty strict, and less than fail safe terms.

Thanks again.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    All these replies are cool, and thanks for those.

My main grievance though was the request of sending a photocopy of my passport/license and credit card through the post before they consider your application.

I already sell on GEMM and have had a real nice, comfortable business relationship with them thusfar. I just wanted to branch out my inventory, and I'm having difficulty getting my head around these pretty strict, and less than fail safe terms.

Thanks again.

What is your gemm name?

Don't send anyone your passport license photocopy. Duh. You didn't need me to tell you that.

So what about cdandlp?

ebay store?