Where do you get your threads?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I have some extra cash right now and need to upgrade my wardrobe. I'm looking for 30 year-old sophistication so please do not recommend the hoodie or LRG look.

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i spend/waste money on high end jeans and sneakers- usually at boutique shops. other than that, i try to get stuff that fits me well. i'm tall and skinny....so here is where i find relatively cheap, but good fitting casual clothes:

H&M, Zara, American Apparel, Neiman Marcus outlet, Saks outlet.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I have some extra cash right now and need to upgrade my wardrobe. I'm looking for 30 year-old sophistication so please do not recommend the hoodie or LRG look.

fuck clothes. buy records.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My grown & sexiness entails:

Banana Republic
    Ralph Lauren outlet
    Off 5th outlet
    Macy's (when full price is inevitable)
    Wal-Mart

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I wear my Banana Republic corporate drone gear for work (when I'm not wearing jeans), but for casual clothes, I'm all about the discount department stores: Loehmann's, Filene's, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. The men's selection isn't always as good, though.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i work near a macy's so i wander over on my lunch and check out the clearance racks every few days. great deals sometimes. luckily (or unluckily) i am 6 foot 7 and 260 pounds so finding things that fit right is a rare and beautiful experience. though i still rock a hoody (eff those corny all over print joints) but mostly i'm clarks, polo, henry jacobson, joseph abboud type of fellow. easy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Macy's (when full price is inevitable)

Man, get you a Macy's card, and you will never pay full price again--I get half a dozen discount offers in the mail every week and don't think I ever pay more than 75% for anything there.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Loehmann's, Filene's, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. The men's selection isn't always as good, though.

TJ's has fell the fuck off. A couple years a go they had Le Tigre and Lacoste Polos at $20 a pop... Now it's all hood wear that dudes in the hood wouldn't touch.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

For some reason I had a mental image of you wearing ski gear and jackets with lots of pockets (for your Ipod, Swiss Army Knife, compass, etc), even when you're not skiing.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Fashion and function are not mutually exclusive my dear.

I am in the consumer segment that marketers call "trendster".

• saks can be real decent for grown man clothes

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Ebay.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    why dont you try dress barn

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Ebay.

A few weeks ago, I bought a used Lacoste cardigan but, alas!, it has yet to arrive. Must be held up in the Canadian postal service or something.