Godzilla vs. Gamera

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
... vs. Mothra vs. Barugon vs. Zigra vs. Destroyer vs. Megalon vs. Clay Aiken vs. Raymond Burr???Who is king of the monsters? Wasn't this stuff supposed to be a parallel to the U.N.?

Comments

• alien. peace, stein. . .

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    Wasn't this stuff supposed to be a parallel to the U.N.?

Destroy All Monsters kinda hinted at that I guess w/all the different monsters attacking a different city, etc.

Which one was the snake? Manda? Varan?

I love the Gamera movie where they superimpossed old Gamera footage over anime footage of Yamato/Star Blazers!!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Wasn't this stuff supposed to be a parallel to the U.N.?

Destroy All Monsters kinda hinted at that I guess w/all the different monsters attacking a different city, etc.

Which one was the snake? Manda? Varan?

I love the Gamera movie where they superimpossed old Gamera footage over anime footage of Yamato/Star Blazers!!

Correct. Manda was the the eel/dragon/snake. Yeah, the last Gamera after all the the kid-friendly ones was pretty much footage from all the previous flicks. I used to have a bootleg of that where the DVD-R would freeze up three quarters of the way through. The fat son of Godzilla in DAM was weird looking. His plasma rays, the one who burrows underground and has supersonic waves and Gamera's old napalm flamethrower are my favorite effects.