BUCK THE WORLD = BEST RAP ALBUM OF 2007

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
just kidding its not bad thoughgreat guest line-up: 8ball, mjg, bun b, kokane, trick daddy, 50, TI, pimp c, snoop... so they end up out shining buck on his own album but thats no surprisedre, polow, and toomp hook up good beatsprobably doesn't need to be stated but yeah there are a hefty amount of snoozers on the album toook thats itpeace

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    buck gets the big

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    haha, no haven't heard it yet. i guess i need to make a trip to my nearest music retailer, like 45 mins away...

but seriously, that dre song on the buck album is

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    apparently you havent heard the devin album yet. shits aaaaaall over the buck. like eats the buck album, buys another copy, then shits on the second copy it just bought. that level of shitting.

• I believe that vitamin D actually produced that("DRE") track.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    apparently you havent heard the devin album yet. shits aaaaaall over the buck. like eats the buck album, buys another copy, then shits on the second copy it just bought. that level of shitting.
    who the fuck compares devin and buck? ultimate case of apples and oranges
    thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

thatsreleasedatist.gif

even i didn't download either of these two albums, i plan to buy next tuesday.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

Deej, it is typical to compare one rap album to another when determing who has the "album of the year".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

Deej, it is typical to prepare one rap album to another when determing who has the "album of the year".

Hahahah killing it.

For the record they're both really good albums, probably the best joints I've heard this year by a wide margin.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I believe that vitamin D actually produced that("DRE") track.

Which one? Dre "produced" a couple of tracks on the album...
    The Jake One and Vitamin D tracks are both really good but i think it was a bit boring overall, seemed a bit one toned. I'm gonne out myself as a racist here (in Deej-World anyway) but i preferred the Devin...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm gonne out myself as a racist here (in Deej-World anyway) but i preferred the Devin...
    ??? dude i was joking

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I'm gonne out myself as a racist here (in Deej-World anyway) but i preferred the Devin...
    ??? dude i was joking

Me too...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

Deej, it is typical to compare one rap album to another when determing who has the "album of the year".
    well i guess when you hear 3-4 albums a year as you do, it probably becomes a lot easier

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

well i guess when you hear 3-4 albums a year as you do, it probably becomes a lot easier

And when you find something to like in virtually any sound, from backfiring engines to mozart, it makes it impossibly hard!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

And when you find something to like in virtually any sound, from backfiring engines to mozart, it makes it impossibly hard!
    where can i find these 'backfiring engines'...

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

Young man, don't force me to administer a spanking in front of all these people.

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

^^^^MAD THAT I DID IT REAL BIG AT FOURTEEN, WHILE HIS SOLE PLEASURE AT TWICE THAT AGE IS IMPERSONATING KANYE WEST TO THE DETRIMENT OF ASPIRING ARTISTS

Yeah, that just happened.

thatsracist.gif
    thatsreleasedatist.gif

^^^^MAD THAT I DID IT REAL BIG AT FOURTEEN, WHILE HIS SOLE PLEASURE AT TWICE THAT AGE IS IMPERSONATING KANYE WEST TO THE DETRIMENT OF ASPIRING ARTISTS

Yeah, that just happened.

That ether wasn't even aimed at you, son.

But since you jumped in front of your lil mans and them to take the bullet, I will let the people in on a secret:

You had your own kneecaps removed at thirteen for musical purposes, because "the hollow drone of bone on bone creates a sound like no other."* You were mad for years that another Atlanta progeny became known as "Bonecrusher".

Doing it real big, indeed.

*taken from the homemade j-card of a certain teenage noise band's demo tape

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dude listening to more than 5 crit-approved rap albums a year =/ 'liking everything'
    not so much 'ether' as 'squirt gun'

... and with your ability to detect sarcasm in written form, it's a wonder you're not already an editor somewhere.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    its a message board, we can vacillate from deadly seriousness to sarcasm at the drop of a graemlin.

dude listening to more than 5 crit-approved rap albums a year =/ 'liking everything'

Where does this accusation even come from, deej?

I don't think you listen to any more rap albums in a given year than the rest of us; the lone difference is that the rest of us don't enthuse about everything that we hear.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Where does this accusation even come from, deej?

I don't think you listen to any more rap albums in a given year than the rest of us; the lone difference is that the rest of us don't enthuse about everything that we hear.
    nor do i, and i still don't get why me championing an album that you hadn't actually heard (Shawnna) qualifies as liking 'everything.' Did you miss me trashing the rich boy album just yesterday?