Rep your favorite tea

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm all about some tea, but I drink it inna straight-up cracker stylee. English breakfast or Earl Grey with milk and honey. Yup.

There was an episode of Good Eats that was all about tea and the proper way to brew a pot that was absolutely enthralling.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    You are all contributing to the oppression of indigenous women and children, especially with the TAZO/Coca-Cola crap.

what's this??? anymore info? should I not support TAZO?

• Aser said:
    haz - the rice tea you're referring to is genmaicha, which bassie mentioned.

I'm on a tie guan yin kick right now. It's classified under the oolong family, plus there's a great story behind it.

Tie Guanyin is regarded as a kind of tea that between green tea and black tea, belonging to semi-fermented tea. After brewing, the tea has orchid aroma and tastes mellow and thick. 

• I kinda dig Soursop bush tea... weird flavor but it's pretty unique. Hard to get though.

When I was working in offices full of Brits who think 59° is the ideal room temperature, I used to drink tea constantly just to warm my hands and such. I switched to peppermint to avoid getting kidney stones and/or brutally tolerant of caffeine, and learned to really appreciate that flavor too. Black tea is fine, but it's whatever. Green tea only with the appropriate national cuisines.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    of course Hemol was a tea buyer for Whole Foods.
    Duderonomy

• ppadilha said:

wonder if it was before or after the cocaine men tried to kill him

Duderonomy

ppadilha said:

wonder if it was before or after the cocaine men tried to kill him

I wonder if he went into the offices of Whole Foods' tea division and told everyone to fuck right off after he released his rap albums

Duderonomy

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    oh man i can get down on some tea...i love Chai Tea, Black Tea, Green Tea, White Tea, Rooibos Tea and Oolong.....i know this might not count but i can get down with some BubbleTea also

oddly enough for the last decade my daily tea has been Lipton Green Tea (Mandarin Orange) and Lipton White Tea (Peach Mango) they used to come in these crazy silicon triangle tea bags but they have since changed the format. i few months ago i tried to purchase some from my local grocer but they didnt have it anymore, so i went to another store....they stopped selling it as well, i hit up another store and they also no longer sell it, so i checked the Lipton site and they still make and sell they tea, it just seems IMPOSSIBLE to buy locally if you click a "BUY" button on the site it takes you to AMAZON.ca dun! Dun! DUUUUN!....so with all the force in the world i swallowed my pride and had to buy from Bezos because its the only place i can get my tea, like WTF is that bullshit? i dont understand why a company as HUGE as Lipton wont sell their own product and why they peddle that shit thru a middle man like Bezos...ugh. i have now made two Amazon purchases since the start of 2020, lol just for tea.

pinky fingers out bitches, lol 
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

oddly enough for the last decade my daily tea has been Lipton Green Tea (Mandarin Orange) and Lipton White Tea (Peach Mango) they used to come in these crazy silicon triangle tea bags

Uhm, were those the teabags that contain and release loooots of microplastics? If so, maybe why they’re discontinued?

Either that or Bezos just decided to corner the market in them.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Twinings Earl Grey 
    Gorreana black tea
    or a mellow green tea

All with honey

you can get gorreana in tea bags now? I hope the treatment for that is not too complicated

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

In the forced absence of proper coffee or "Builders" tea, this ^^ is my go-to.

My caffeine intolerance is real (I must have OD'd on it for the first half of my life) - now it gives me blurred vision, anxiety, pins and needles and eczma.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts

oddly enough for the last decade my daily tea has been Lipton Green Tea (Mandarin Orange) and Lipton White Tea (Peach Mango) they used to come in these crazy silicon triangle tea bags

Uhm, were those the teabags that contain and release loooots of microplastics? If so, maybe why they’re discontinued?

Either that or Bezos just decided to corner the market in them.

100% microplastics - didnt even think about that until you mentioned it - but it makes sense. they (Lipton) sell the same tea in paper/gauze bags but man they are still super hard to find anywhere for some reason unless you buy from Bezos..

shitty thing they did with the "new" format is they package all the bags individually now, so each bag comes in a little paper envelope, which just adds more paper waste on my end, but i agree its 1000 times better than a non-compostable silicon tea bag. 

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    you can get gorreana in tea bags now? I hope the treatment for that is not too complicated

No, it's loose leaf, and fairly easy to obtain.

para11ax said:
    ppadilha said:

No, it's loose leaf, and fairly easy to obtain.

and this whole time I thought gorreana was only sexually transmitted...

Duderonomy