autograph price check (modern soul, RR)

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I know zero about the world of autographs, but I came across a batch of about a dozen mostly mid-80s records signed by Jean Carn and Angela Bofill, and I'm curious if anyone thinks they could bring even some modest $$$ as an ebay lot or if they're pretty much worth the price of the record. They are not just the solo albums, but also records that they contributed vocals to. Most signatures are personalized to the previous owner and dated in the mid to late 80s. The albums are mostly later 80s work that I am not familiar with, but there are a some familiar ones too, like:

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    the bofill i am not familiar with but the Normon Connors and Jeane Carn are pretty common.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    the bofill i am not familiar with but the Normon Connors and Jeane Carn are pretty common.

Yeah, I know...I'm asking about the autographs.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Becauae they are common autographs really aren't going to do much besides to an Autograph collector and even then its only going to add a few bux if that.

Becauae they are common autographs really aren't going to do much besides to an Autograph collector and even then its only going to add a few bux if that.

Thanks. Yeah, I have no clue about what an autograph can do for a collector. Some of the later titles look uber-crappy but are also more limited pressings, so who knows?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Thanks. Yeah, I have no clue about what an autograph can do for a collector. Some of the later titles look uber-crappy but are also more limited pressings, so who knows?

Bury them in your garden until 2014.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Two Norman Connors albums that fetch decent money (more than a dollar, at least) among modern soul fans are:

Mr. C
    Take It To The Limit

SG

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Take It To The Limit

Oh shit, I just sold 2 of these for 30c each! Seemed pretty cheesy. Even for N. Connors.

Mr. C

yea, I've noticed that Mr. C has been seeing some more action on ebay lately.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Take It To The Limit

Oh shit, I just sold 2 of these for 30c each! Seemed pretty cheesy. Even for N. Connors.

Really? I kinda thought these 2 albums were pretty nice. "Take It To The Limit" features Glenn Jones (of "I Am Somebody" fame) on vox, if I recall correctly.

SG