The Old Negro Space Program

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Did anyone see this documentary about the Old Negro Space Program?

I just found this, and since people have been talking about Ken Burns lately, I thought I'd post it...

I really never new anything about NASSA, the Negro Astronaut Space Society of America...

Very interesting.

http://www.negrospaceprogram.com

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Man, this looks really interesting. I'm downloading it right now. Thanks for posting the link.

a*

ha...really nice photoshop work. A+

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    yeah that was great.

space is one cold motherfucker!

• I like the white professor of African-American Studies... and how that guy kept repeating, "Those were different times, you know..."

And the letter from the astronaut ala Ken Burn's The Civil War... nice touch.

the "thug life" t-shirt was the clencher...

so necessary

• montymonty 420 Posts

now that's some funny fuckin shit!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Talk about gettin lost!

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    Did anyone see this documentary about the Old Negro Space Program?

I just found this, and since people have been talking about Ken Burns lately, I thought I'd post it...

I really never new anything about NASSA, the Negro Astronaut Space Society of America...

Very interesting.

http://www.negrospaceprogram.com

HAHAHAHA I like the part on the website at the top with the awards images. NOT ENTERED - Sundance Film Festival, MISSED DEADLINE - Tribeca Film Festival, Laurel Branches - Always look really good.

BTW anyone see the Here come the DIX mockumentary. that shit had me laughing so hard. I need to find my copy of the DVD

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    yeah that was great.

I swear this could be on PBS.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I thought the academic was dead-on: "At this point, or juncture, NASA goes ahead and "poaches" some of the lighter-skinned black astronauts. And, to a certain extent, this worked quite well: Gordon Cooper, Buzz Aldrin...could pass for white." Then he suggests the Civil Rights Movement was orchestrated by the government to create a "diversion" from the accomplishments of the NASSA. Hilarious.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    "Buzz Aldrin could pass for white"

Haaaaaa

• "Jefferson and Hayes land their modified Coupe DeVille just east of the sea of tranquility..."

Page 34
    Negroes Land on Moon[/b]

Talk about getting lost! Wallace Jefferson and Louis Hayes, both negroes, have wandered all the way to the moon!
    The hapless pair entered lunar orbit late yesterday afternoon and finally landed on the surface of the moon several hours later. They plan to return later this week.
    The incident is not a total tragedy. "We may want to talk with these negroes," said NASA Mission Commander Deke Slayton.
    "Their mishap may just help us in our goal to land a man on the moon by the end of the decade."

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    yeah that was great.

I swear this could be on PBS.

Or Dave Chappelle's show.