La Planete Sauvage YTR

BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Pretty cool to see what the music was originally composed to...this is a very strange film no doubt I wish there were some subtitles for it cause the story line is bizarre...there had to be some serious drug use by the films creatorsNSFW some nudity part 1

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Pretty cool to see what the music was originally composed to...this is a very strange film no doubt I wish there were some subtitles for it cause the story line is bizarre...there had to be some serious drug use by the films creators

Man, I grew up on this shit... my dad was a sci-fi nut and bought the video (back when VHS was really expensive and came in a giant box)

I'm pretty sure there was either subtitles or overdubs on that though...

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Man, my kids grew up on this shit

There's a DVD with alt. languages and subtitles. I can't remember where I bought it from (it's been years), but just do a search in google and I'm sure you'll turn one up.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

There's a DVD with alt. languages and subtitles. I can't remember where I bought it from (it's been years), but just do a search in google and I'm sure you'll turn one up.

I think thats the Japanese release. I've seen a set of 4 DVD's La Planete plus 3 other cartoons produced by the same guys. Not sure how dope the soundtracks are though.

• drumsdrums 83 Posts
    my freind bought this like a year ago. watch that after a couple of... i want to see it again though cus all i can rememeber is that is was in black and white cus my dvd player is all screwed up. it had the subtitles. fantastic score!

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I think thats the Japanese release. I've seen a set of 4 DVD's La Planete plus 3 other cartoons produced by the same guys. Not sure how dope the soundtracks are though.

There might be a Japanese release, but the one I have is in French and English and came by itself (just like KingMost - ZING!)

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Love this movie, one that I grew up with as well. Pretty cool its up on youtube..

• One of my faves of all time.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I just watched the whole thing. can someone tell me what happened?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I have seen this in english... was it on sci-fi channel or something?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    they used to show this movie on night flight on usa in the 80's... late night. this movie was crazy weird and sort of boring for my young mind but i don't recall if it was subtitled or english. the music is slick though....

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

Hmmfr I had a good copy of this on DVD.. I either rented it from a local store or from netflix and I burned a copy. Then I was letting a friend borrow it but he thought I was giving it to him and I figured oh well I can always rent it again if I want to watch it. If anyone wants a copy I can probably get one again. It's a dope movie. Very sad at times. Someone recently put out an LP reissue of the soundtrack.. pretty good quality but don't know how legit it is.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i picked this up on vhs from a thrift store 6 months or so ago its english dub with subtitles that are slightly different. But as a whole different meaning in the end its very interesting. Holler if you live in the south west anad want to roll to Santa fe to peep this shit on the big screen.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    if soulstrut will have instead of a record day, a movie day. i??ll upload the flic.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yeah there are subtitled/translated versions out there.

I saw this on TELEVISION in Mexico, at like 2 in the afternoon.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    The copy I have is on Anchor Bay under "Fantastic Planet" if that helps anyone.